Sixty.

I get out of the water, take a towel to dry my body and hair, and relax on the tanning chair.

I've spent the entire day by the pool, either eating, swimming, or tanning, and I've scheduled a 30-minute spa session.

Since this morning, I haven't seen Kenji. He left as soon as I completed my meal and hasn't returned.

I believe it is in our best interests for us to separate for a bit. I'm not mad at him because he choked me.

I'm furious at myself for allowing it to happen. I'm sure I could've murdered him right there.

However, I let my emotions cloud my judgment, putting my own life in jeopardy at the hands of the man I'm meant to call husband.

I never allow anyone to disrespect me. It doesn't matter who they are or what they do; if they degrade me, I murder them.

I despise myself for not being mad at him.

I go inside and change into a floral sundress, bun my hair, and grab my purse in preparation for my spa appointment.

I need to start taking care of myself more.

Since Kenji took the car, I walk to the spa. But it makes no difference to me because it's only ten minutes away and the weather is pleasant.

I see families and friends out strolling and having a BBC get-together, laughing and chatting with one another.

Such a simple life.

As soon as I step inside, the chilly air conditioning blasts me in the face, making me shudder. The receptionist gives me a friendly smile.

"Welcome to Mai's spa, do you have an appointment?" she inquires, Professionally. "I have an appointment by the name Vero Rossi," Even when I lie, I smile.

She rummages through the paperwork for my name, while I take my time looking around. It's a lovely pinkish color.

"Oh yes, go straight on your left, then take the first right turn; there is Francis who will assist you." She explains, and I thank her before proceeding to follow her instructions.

I knock on the door after I've arrived, and Francis, I assume, opens it. Her physical looks astounded me.

She has a buzz cut and about ten piercings on her face, as well as a tatted neck. For a brief moment, I'm unsure if I'm in a tattoo parlor or a spa.

"You have a visitor, Francis." She yells and opens the door for me, indicating that she isn't Francis. When I enter, I place my purse on the table.

"Hello, my name is Francis. Today I'll be giving you a massage and waxing." Francis enters the room. She appears to be in her late 40s, but she is still stunning.

I nod, and she tells me to take off my clothing and sit on the sofa so the session can begin. I follow her instructions, and her hands begin to make their way through my body.

Her hands are so smooth that I had to hide a gasp as she massaged my strained muscles to avoid sounding weird.

I should come to the Maldives more often.

When someone knocks on the door, Francis excuses herself to check, claiming that this never happens and that it could be an emergency.

I close my eyes, a little sleepy from only sleeping for 3-4 hours on a cold floor the night before.

"There's a parcel waiting for you, Ma'am." Francis returns with a large bouquet in her hands. Standing up and in a rob, I frown.

For me?