Fifty-five.

My eyes open and close quickly. Last night, I forgot to close the blinds.

Slowly, I rub my eyes to acclimatize to the brightness. I'm going to have to get up. But I turn over to see Kenji soundly asleep next to me.

His forehead isn't wrinkled like it usually is, and he doesn't have a frown; instead, he appears like a baby.

I have a flurry of memories from last night, and a smile begins to form on my lips. We truly did fuck like rabbits.

I trace his tattoos, admiring each one individually. My fingers come to a halt at a specific one. Mi Amore was tattooed on his collarbone.

It appears to be brand new. It's as though he just got it.

"Mi Amore," I taste the word. "That's for you," Kenji's raspy voice says as I glance at him, how can someone be so cold yet so beautiful?

"Did you get that tattoo for me?" I inquire, and he nods. "Why?" I furrow my brows. No one has ever done anything like this for me. "Because I love you," He responds.

I hastily peck his lips and move away. "That's it?" he says, irritated. "I have to brush my teeth first." I laugh as I try to stand up, but his arms around my waist tighten.

"First, give me a proper kiss." "he demands. "My breath stinks." I sigh, "So?"

He snatches my face and pulls me into a kiss. "You are so beautiful." He mutters. "Yeah?" I tease and he hums.

While he quietly plays with my hair, I seize the opportunity and leap from the bed, sprinting into the bathroom, and locking the door.

"You're not going to get away with it!" I hear him yell. From the other side of the door.

My eyes are puffy and red, and my hair looks like a nest of birds. He deceived me. He stated I look gorgeous, although I resemble Shrek.

I brush my teeth and wash my face before taking off my clothing and entering the shower, where I turn on the hot water and let it flow down my body.

Showers are one of my favorite things. I don't understand how a person could despise cold or hot showers. It helps to calm my muscles.

I wash my hair with shampoo and scrub my cranium clean. As I hastily wipe off the shampoo and open my eyes to see Kenji standing naked behind me.

"I like the view." He grins and crosses his arms across his chest. "how did you get in?" I inquire because I'm certain I have locked the door.

"It's my estate, baby, and I can come and go as I choose." I roll my eyes, of course, He has extra keys for the goddamn bathroom, of course.

He walks closer and the water touched his shoulder

"Are you burning yourself?" he hissed and looks at me as if I'm crazy. "I love warm water," I'm so comfortable in my skin that I'm standing naked in front of him.

"This is boiling water, not warm water." In a matter-of-fact tone, he says. For his dramatic ass to get closer, I scoff turning the tap to the cold side.

My back is against his chest as he puts his arms around my waist and rests his face in my neck. "If it means spending time with you, I can stay here all day." He lets out a sigh.

smile because I know he never says anything romantic, but he makes an effort. He's making an effort to be a good guy for me. Even though I don't want him to be a nice guy.

"Don't stop," he moans as I apply shampoo to his hair as you rub his skull. He issues a warning.

After 10 minutes of massaging His head, I rinse off the shampoo. He observes me, as I take a sponge and soak it in soap before rubbing it against my skin.

He removes the sponge from my hands and spins me around so that my back is to him. As he sinks lower and lower, he begins to wash my body.

As he smiles at me, I pull him back up and take the sponge from him, rubbing it on his body.

And I treasure every second of it since seeing him smile at me is unusual.

"Bend," I say as I try to grasp his neck but he's too tall. "Of course, my lady," he grins and bends down.

"You can be such a sweetheart when you want to be," I respond. "Only for you." He says, and I have to mentally curse myself for the way my face is heating up.

"Are you blushing?" he jokes. "No, it's the heat from the water," I defend with a stupid tone. "You are blushing!" He exclaims.

"Because you always manage to catch me off guard with your sweet compliments. we're fucking killers who are still influenced by simple words." I rant.

"I'll always be a softie for you, You are the queen of my kingdom." He kisses my forehead.

I grab a towel for him and one for myself to dry off. He doesn't bother to dry himself; instead, he drapes the towel around his waist.

I'd pick him over Theo James any day any time.

We enter the closet, and he removes a blue elegant dress. "This is excessive. I'm just going to stay at home." I sigh, "we're going out." He places it in my hand.

He then puts on a suit with a blue tie that matches mine. We both change quietly in the same area as he admires my ass and I pretend not to notice.

This man has no shame.

"What?" I ask as I blow-dry my hair and do my makeup while he calmly watches me from his bed, a smile on his face. "Nothing, I just don't know how I got so lucky." He shakes his head.

"Let's go," I say as I put on my accessories and grab my purse, not knowing how to respond. He stands up and takes my hand in his.

 He stands up and takes my hand in his