Forty-one.

We're attending a formal party tonight to ally with the Americans.

Unfortunately, Kenji has told me that I must accompany him since he no longer trusts me among children. Not that I care; I despise children in general; if anything, he's just doing me a favor.

Massimo and Evelyn had been up all night trying to get me to go dress shopping. I figured that once Caterina returned to New York, I wouldn't have to go to the mall again.

Caterina 2.0 was God's punishment for me.

This party has my interest. Of course, it's not to celebrate, but I'm not sure. When I'm with Kenji, I become incredibly excited. I sound like one of those apathetic teens who has never been in a relationship.

I was never in a relationship, though.

shut up.

I'm not sure why I'm even considering a relationship with him. I don't even like him, therefore it's most likely just my hormones. There's no need to exaggerate.

Why would I want to be with someone like him? All he's done is torture me for a living while simultaneously holding me captive in his home.

I finish my meal and proceed to the living room to meet Massimo and Evelyn. "finally." Massimo has a theatrical huff when he sees me.

dramatic.

"Do we have to do this?" I whine as I collapse onto the couch. "Yes, we must make you appear to be a goddess!" Evelyn says as she pulls me up to my feet.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kenji asks making us stop in our tracks. his hands crossed against his chest.

Busted.

"shopping," I say with a sheepish smile. "You have work," he declines. "I finished them!" I exclaim, The more he prevents me from leaving the house, the more likely I am to commit suicide.

"Finish the file-"

"done."

"hack into the-"

"also done."

"Torture the priso-"

"done done done."

"fuck m-"

"don- wait what." I look at him embarrassed.

"you're hot, When you're all red."he winks. "I can literally kill you," I placed my hands on my hips.

With a look of passion in his eyes, he smirks and walks nearer, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear. He then approaches Massimo, towering s over him.

If she returns with one hair out of place, I will make you regret being born," he threatens, gripping his collar and tugging him up a little. Massimo gulps and nods as Evelyn glances at me with wide eyes.

I stroll out to the car hiding my silly smile as if I don't care. The car trip was deafeningly quiet. Massimo appeared to be a little unsettled. Evelyn and I kept asking him whether he was okay.

He kept stating that today could be his last day on this planet. I'm not sure what he's worried about; I'm more than capable of handling myself.

Nothing horrible can happen in two hours.

We arrive at the mall and begin walking through the stores in search of gowns and underwear; honestly, half of the time Massimo is simply stating that if anything happens to me, he'll bring me back alive only to kill me again.

He belongs in Hollywood, not the mafia.

"Come on, there's a nice dress here." Evelyn pulls my hand into a Rose boutique. They feature a large selection of dresses in a variety of fonts. The place appears to be pricey.