Ch. 17: The Mind Prison

Once Jean had calmed down a considerable amount, she stood up from where she was. A confident look in her eye as she started to walk. She looked around, hoping to find anyone who might've still been alive. However, she found no-one, there wasn't even Lancer's Command Seal's on her hand.

A crackle above her made her turn her head in that direction. Her blue eyes widened as the building to the left of her started to come down. She started to run, her eyes closed tight as she tried to use her magic, faint magic circuits glowed on her arms and legs but they were quickly gone. She drove forward, pushing her legs to go faster. She jumped, trying to make it away from the crash zone. A huge pain erupted from her waist down, 'I can't use magic...' she thought before she went unconscious.

She opened her eyes to see the door to her father's study, she frowned slightly as she heard familiar voices inside. Her face turning to one of sorrow as she backed away from the door. Her fists clenched when she heard a choking noise, she closed her eyes tight as tears started to prick the corners of them. Jean backed up until she met a hard surface, her eyes opened and she quickly turned around. Gilgamesh stood in front of her, his signature smirk on his face as he looked towards her. "Shit," she muttered, she backed up from where he was, trying to find a way out of the encounter. 'I don't have my powers, or Lancer,' she thought. 'However, I do still have my hand-to-hand skills. But, that might not last me too long...'

She clenched her fists to the point to where the knuckles were white, she glared before setting her plan into action. She quickly turned, deciding that fighting Kotomine would be a lot easier than fighting the blonde King. Jean slammed herself in the door,  flinching slightly as her body met the hard surface of the door. She turned the knob frantically as she heard his footsteps get closer to her, but no matter how hard she tried to open the door, it was locked. 'What the-his door is never locked!' she thought as she started to slam herself on the door harder, hoping that it would cave in.

A hand on the door next to her made her stop trying to open the door, "I don't think you can go that way." Jean's hand shook while gripping the handle, fear kicking in as she realised that she had no way to get out of the position she was in. Any time she thought about a way to get out, she thought of another way he could counter it. She hated this feeling, the feeling of being helpless in front of her enemies. That feeling of fear that she tried to swallow down any time she encountered Gilgamesh or Kirei. "What? Got nothing to say?"

A bunch of words that she wanted to say was caught in her throat. Her hand shook slightly as she felt him getting closer. Her grip around the door tightened as she swallowed down her fear. Jean brought up her arm that was holding onto the door handle and threw her elbow back. She felt her elbow make contact with his nose and a crack sounded throughout the hallway. Gilgamesh's hand left the door and Jean ran around him to go down the hall as he recovered from the blow.

<><><><><>

Alter smirked as she dodged another attack from Diarmuid. The Lancer Servant was beaten up pretty badly from the fight while the female he was fighting was almost perfectly fine. The only indication that she was in a fight, was a small cut on her left cheek that he hit on her earlier in the fight. After that cut, she took the battle much more seriously, making sure that Diarmuid couldn't land a single blow on her.

The teal-clad male tried to steady his breath as the two took a small break from the confrontation. "Don't tell me this is all you've got? I was expecting a challenge," the female stated as she leaned on her sword.

The grip on Lancer's spears tightened as he glares towards the female. His golden eyes took a glance towards Saber who was fighting against Gilgamesh. The King of Knight's was seemingly having some trouble blocking the weapons that the male was throwing her way. 'If we don't end this soon, then...' he looked behind the building that Gilgamesh was standing on top of. Right behind him, was a huge monster made up of the muck that was in the previous war. 'Then everyone's going to die and we'll lose Jean forever.'