Ch. 10: Day of Relaxation

"Tell me again on why you're dragging me here this early in the morning?" Jean questioned holding back a yawn. "You know that I'm not a morning person, Rin."

The black-haired girl had a hop in her step as she led Jean, Shiro, Saber, and Diarmuid away from a bus stop. "Because, we've been all busy with the Grail War lately and you said yourself that at times we need to unwind and relax," Rin stated before stopping in turning to the small group. "So, anyone have any suggestions on what to do?"

"Go to sleep," Jean suggested pulling her navy blue jacket closer to keep warm from the morning chilly air.

"Nope," Rin declined instantly. Her blue eyes sparkled as an idea hit her, "Why don't we go to a volleyball court?! It's been so long since we've played against each other, Jean!"

The older Tohsaka groaned in annoyance before speaking, "You want me to do sports this early in the morning?"

"Master, it's only nine. You wake up earlier than that when you have to teach at the Clocktower," Diarmuid pointed out, a small smile on his lips at his Master's childish behaviour.

"But! That's a different time zone and I have to get up. It's Saturday! I should be able to sleep in," she replied.

"We'll get you some coffee on the way there," Rin said, not taking no for an answer. "Now come on!" She grabbed onto Jean's arm, dragging her to a cafe nearby before going to the volleyball court.

<><><><><>

When the group got to the court, it was almost empty from it being early in the morning. Jean shrugged off her coat before putting her coat and coffee onto a nearby bench. "I'm going against Rin, we can figure out teams around that," she stated as she walked towards the court with a volleyball in her hands. "Shiro, have you played before?"

"I've played for fun but not a real match," he answered.

"Alright then, Rin and Saber versus Diarmuid and I. Shiro, you can be referee," Jean replied before getting on one side of the court with Diarmuid. She rolled the ball under the net to give it to Rin who picked it up. "You can have first serve." 'Because we're going to probably have the ball for the rest of the game...' she thought, determined to beat her sister as revenge for getting her up earlier than planned.

Rin took a few steps back while spinning the ball in her hand to get a feel for the ball. She threw it up gently before throwing it up higher and bringing her hand forward towards it. The white ball went over the net, heading right in between Jean and Diarmuid. The red-haired girl jumped towards it while cupping her hands one on top of the other. She leaned down, her knees almost touching the courts hard floor. The ball bounced back into the air when it hit her wrist, "Dia!" She called out to her teammate, quickly moving away for the Servant to toss it back up for her to spike it. The Lancer's brow rose in slit surprise at the nickname before quickly rushing towards the ball to put it back in the air. It hovered above the net slightly as Jean rushed to it, she jumped up her hand coming down on the ball.

The volleyball sped through the air to the other side of the court, Rin and Saber both ran towards it hitting each other in the process. They landed on their butts, the ball falling in between them. Shiro scratched the back of his head slightly before speaking, "Huh, Jean and Diarmuid one, Rin and Saber...zero?" He hesitated on saying the score, not sure how the two competitive girls would react to hearing that they had no points. Rin and Saber both gritted their teeth before standing up with a determined look on their face. The black-haired Tohsaka rolled the ball towards the other side, Jean grabbed it before backing up. She did the same as Rin did before, rolling it in her hand and throwing it up a few times to get a feel for the ball.