Chapter 17

"Yeji, can I have a word with you?" Mrs. Hwang said.

"Ya sure is there anything wrong?" Yeji asked a bit scared after her mom's not so friendly tone.

"Just come. Till then Ryujin will get the car. Winter can go with her."

"Sure." Winter said and went with Ryujin and the two were left alone.

"So?" Yeji asked.

"Are you two only friends?"

———————————————————————-
"Eh?"

"Just answer me Yeji. Are two only friends or more than that?"

"We are only friends eomma."

"Are you sure cause the way you look at each other and the way you treat each other is far from just friends."

"Eomma we are just friends. Why are you even asking this?"

"Because I am worried about you Yeji. I don't want you to get hurt."

"How will I get hurt?"

"If you two date and if people don't accept you then it will hurt you. This society is not as open minded as western culture Yeji."

"I know eomma. But I don't know, we are just friends I guess."

"I guess? You better be sure about this."

"Eomma I don't know ok. I am confused."

"There is no need to be confused. She is treating you nicely that's why you like her. AS A FRIEND. Nothing more. And I hope it will remain like that in the future. Understand?"

"Yes eomma."

"Good. Now let's go they are here."

They went on the car. Yeji and her mom in the back seat while Winter took the shotgun. Ryujin then dropped them off to the hotel and went back with Yeji to her apartment. Before Yeji and Ryujin left Yeji's mom spoke to Yeji.

"Yeji, I hope you remember our talk today. And I hope you understand what I said and will follow it. Please don't disappoint me." She then smiled and thanked Ryujin and went inside.

Ryujin drove off. They were silent for few minutes than Ryujin finally broke it.

"Uh Yeddeong, what was you mom saying? To remember and not disappoint her?" Ryujin asked.

"Huh? Uh...it's n-nothing. Just you know work hard and stuff." Ryujin knew Yeji was lying but didn't push it.

"Ah ok. I know you will."

Then silence. Not awkward but comfortable one. When they reached the apartment they parked the car and went to their floor. When the entered the rest of them were waiting for them.

"Yo guys. What's up?" Ryujin said.

"Nothing. So how did it go?" Chaeryeong asked.

"The dinner? It was good. Wae?"

"Nah just asking. Anyways we ordered ChiMaek. Want some?" Jeongyeon said.

"Sure let me just change. I just ate but you can't refuse ChiMaek. Right Yeji?"

"Of course. We will just change and come." Yeji said.

"Arraseo."

They went to their different rooms. Took a quick shower, changed and came back to the living room. Just as they entered the food had arrived. Chaeryeong paid for it and bought it in. She also took out beer from the fridge. They had bought quite a lot in the afternoon.

"So shall we start?" Chaeryeong said.

"Ne." Everyone shouted in unison. Then they began to dig in while watching descendants of the sun.

"Ahhh this is good." Jihyo said while bitting into her chicken and taking a sip of her cold chilled beer.

"I know right. It's the best." Momo said.

They began talking and eating. Once they were done they cleaned up everything and started to watch the drama. After some time they all were sleepy so they slept in the empty room with mattress.