Chapter 8

"Nurse Choi. The patient....Kim....Kim Han Sook. He is going to the terrace. He was saying he can't live like this anymore." a nurse came running towards the three.

Ryujin and Chaeryeong looked at each other and ran toward the terrace. They rushed up the stairs past Lia and Yeji. Even their voices were unheard as their only priority right now was saving someone's life. They reached the terrace and saw the man standing on the edge of the terrace. He was facing the sky as the clouds began to hide the sun.

"Hajima Ahjussi. Don't." Ryujin said.

"First talk to us. Jebal." Chaeryeong said.

"There is nothing to talk about. Nothing." the man said.

"Aniyo. Jebal. Listen to us first." Ryujin said.

"Doctor please just let me die in peace. At least I will be peaceful then. I won't be a burden to my family and I will be remembered."

"Remember?" Ryujin said giving a sarcastic laugh.

"Yes."

"You are wrong Ajhussi. Wrong. Understand. No one will remember your positive memory once you die except four family. They will remember you as the man who committed suicide." Ryujin said.

"But.....they will. I know."

"How will you know?" Chaeryeong said.

"Listen here ahjussi. Please talk to us first." Ryujin pleaded.

"What is it?" the man said as he began to turn and face Ryujin and Chaeryeong fully who were only few meters away. As he was turning to face them, he suddenly lost his balance and almost fell from the terrace but Chaeryeong and Ryujin with their fast reflexes caught the guy. They then pulled him up with all their strength. When they all were away from the edge they sat and asked the guy about what was bothering him.

"You know the collapsing of the site? The one I came from. Yes I feel like it's partly my fault." the man said.

"Eh?" Ryujin said in disbelief.

"Yes. Only if I had checked the materials properly. The contractor had supplied us with a bad quality products. We worked with them for many years, so I didn't bother to check this time. It was my fault."

"Hey it's not your fault entirely. The contractor had supplied wrong stuff. Yes, it may have been prevented if you would have checked." Ryeong said.

"I know therefore it's my fault."

"It's ok. We all have difficult times." Ryujin said.

"You don't understand doc. You don't understand what I am going through. It's hard for me because of me people lost their lives."

"I do understand you. In fact, both of us do and it's because we have faced the same situation. We are doctors. Once we go to the operation theater we don't know if the patient will make it alive or not. There is always the risk there, but we try our best. But sometimes even the 'best' is not enough." Ryujin said.

"Wh-What do you mean?"

"Just last month we lost a patient while doing a surgery. It was a young teenage boy. He had his whole life ahead of him. His family were there to support him. His girlfriend was there for moral support. Everyone was there to help him after the surgery."

"So what happened to him?"