17: Seventeen Sips of Hot Chocolate

Congrats again to @amiva0402 for cracking today's riddle

Congrats again to @amiva0402 for cracking today's riddle. It certainly was a difficult one and I think Jas and Zar will struggle with it too ;)

_____

Friday: December 17, 2015

Jasper wasn't with me this morning as I exited Winter Wonderland. Today, he had another exam at school, so I was stuck decoding the riddle on my own today. While a part of me missed having my friend by my side, the other part of me who embarrassingly dreamt of kissing him last night was relieved I didn't have to confront his stupidly handsome face on the morning of the seventeenth day of Christmas.

 While a part of me missed having my friend by my side, the other part of me who embarrassingly dreamt of kissing him last night was relieved I didn't have to confront his stupidly handsome face on the morning of the seventeenth day of Christmas

I furrowed my brows as I stared at the riddle. "At a bus stop..." I whispered. "Is it a library bus stop?" I knew Eliot, Dickens, and Tennyson were authors...

Taking a picture, I sent it off to Jojo and Ria with the title 'help'.

We went back and forth, narrowing down libraries until I was on the underground an hour later. Walking up to the British Library, I searched the entrance area for the lady in green. But she was nowhere in sight. Then I walked the perimeter, but nothing.

As I walked back around to the front, my phone pinged. It was midday and Jasper was finished his exam.

Jasper: How's it going Fish?

Me: Terribly. I can't figure today's out.

Jasper: Where are you? I'll meet you and we can go together.

Me: I'm heading to the next library.

Then I sent him a screenshot of which one and he agreed to meet me there.

∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

With no green lady in sight, but Jasper now by my side, I was starting to panic.

"I'm sorry, Jas," I whispered, feeling my eyes start to sting.

It was 1:30. We had not much time left to figure this out, get our entry slip, and get to Hyde Park before the competition.