14: Fourteen Fragile Baubles

@amiva0402 smashed it again by guessing the answer of today's riddle

@amiva0402 smashed it again by guessing the answer of today's riddle. Tomorrow's is at the end.

_____

Tuesday: December 14th, 2015

When Jasper came into my sight, waving from the other end of the footpath as we both walked towards the same entrance to Hyde Park, I couldn't help but smile widely at him. And I couldn't stop the fluttering heart that ensued when he smiled back at me. On the fourteenth day of Christmas, I had come to accept that I was crushing on my once-best-friend. Though how genuine those feelings were was yet to be determined.

"Morning," he said, breath visible in the frigid air.

"Morning," I mumbled back, unable to hold his gaze that peered into mine.

Then he held his hand out to me. It's just for the competition, I told myself as we walked into Winter Wonderland.

We headed straight to the booth, picked up our scroll, and began untying it the moment we were out, as per usual.

"That's got to be a palace," Jasper started.

"But which one?" I replied. "Buckingham or Windsor? "

"Well... it says where the Queen knows best. But that's complicated too. Buckingham is her official 'main' residence, but ask a bunch of the old people and they will argue back and forth about which is actually her main home. Some like to say that because they never see her at Buckingham, that she's actually always living in Windsor."

"And what do you think?"

Jasper shrugged. "A part of me is inclined to think she's at Windsor. Because when I compare the two in pictures... Well, Buckingham is a bit of an eye-sore, isn't it?"

"It is," I agreed, lips pursing. "At the same time, they never normally send us out of the London centre."

"I really do think it's Windsor... But I'll let you pick."

Biting my lip, I looked back up at him. "If you think it's Windsor, then we will go to Windsor."

Jasper's gaze softened as he relished in the fact that I trusted his opinion. Then, without having a reason to do so, he grabbed my hand in his again and began leading me to the underground.