10: Ten Too Many Cookies

Friday: December 10th, 2015

I knew I had to solve today's riddle on my own as practice because, come tomorrow, Jasper would be accompanying me to collect the riddle nearly every morning (provided we passed each day of course). I was already waiting in front of the booth on the tenth day of Christmas before 9am ticked over, ensuring I was first in line to grab my riddle.

This time, I didn't head to a cafe to read it. Once out of Winter Wonderland, I unravelled the scroll (this time bound together by a green ribbon decorated in reindeer) and read the riddle.

 Once out of Winter Wonderland, I unravelled the scroll (this time bound together by a green ribbon decorated in reindeer) and read the riddle

I could feel my breakfast making its way up as I finished the riddle. Whoever wrote these surely watched too many Rom-Coms. Nonetheless, I threw my judgement aside and focussed on the words.

Last time, Ria narrowed it down thanks to Jojo googling key words. So what if I googled some phrases?

First I tried 'things that fly in London', but that was such an embarrassing attempt I almost considered deleting it from my search history.

So next I tried 'things that go around in London'. Again. Nothing.

I tried reading through the clue again.

"Partner's eye," I whispered. "Make love fly... base of something that goes around. What goes around?" Then my head snapped up as a smile took a hold of my face.

Whipping my phone out, I snapped a picture of the riddle and sent it to Jasper with the message: Heading to the London Eye.

Jasper: I don't know how you figure these out. I'm going to look pathetic next to you over the weekend.

I'd be lying if I said his compliment didn't make me feel a little guilty for being rude to him yesterday. I never even gave him a chance to explain why or how he could possibly date Penny. I mean, we all change with time. Jasper was no longer the guy I knew. I was surely far from the girl he was once friends with. So maybe Penny changed.

Even if she did change, I thought Jasper would always hold my grudge for me. As an oath to our friendship, my mind then countered.

Sighing, I shook the thoughts and headed for the underground.