16: Sixteen Famous Churches

Congrats to @amiva0402 for cracking the riddle again

Congrats to @amiva0402 for cracking the riddle again. And good work to @PoppyTheShinyLeafeon for guessing it was a church. 

____

Thursday: December 16th, 2015

After thinking long and hard about it last night as I stared at the crack in the ceiling, willing myself to go to sleep, I realised that I had imagined that Jasper held any feelings for me at present, which is why he so politely stated we need to just be friends. So I knew on the sixteenth day of Christmas, as we walked out of Winter Wonderland with our latest scroll in hand, I had to not let myself read into Jasper's actions any longer. I also had to not put myself in situations with him where I might misconstrue his feelings.

As he held his hand out for mine, ribbon gripped in his other, as though he wanted to tie this one around my wrist, I merely reached over, grabbing it from his grip and slipped it in my bag.

"You read the riddle first," I said, keeping my distance.

His brows turned down in concern, so I smiled at him to let him know I wasn't upset about anything. After studying my face for a few moments, his gaze finally turned to the piece of paper as he whisper-read it before passing it to me.

 After studying my face for a few moments, his gaze finally turned to the piece of paper as he whisper-read it before passing it to me

"Pray... Jesus... Holy... has to be a church of some kind, right?" I asked Jasper.

"Definitely. But there's like a gazillion churches in London."

Pressing my lips together, I said, "Everywhere we've been so far has been a tourist attraction. So what are some of the most popular churches?"

Jasper pulled out his phone in response and began googling it. "There's a few," he sighed. "Westminster, Southward, St Paul's, St Pancras..."

"Well... we better get a move on. I say we start with the ones more central and work out."

∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

We had a list of sixteen churches to visit in the central London area that we suspected it could be. Starting with Westminster as it was the closest, we then headed northwards towards St Mary's Church. After that, we traveled a few more blocks to Welsh church, then headed up to St Pancras.