11: Eleven Wrapped Presents

We actually had someone guess the riddle last chapter

We actually had someone guess the riddle last chapter. So a big shoutout to @amiva0402

____

Saturday: December 11th, 2015

"There's something about the holidays that keeps us from growing apart," Jasper read as we walked through Hyde Park towards the underground

"There's something about the holidays that keeps us from growing apart," Jasper read as we walked through Hyde Park towards the underground. We had already collected the scroll—this time adorned in a white ribbon speckled with silver snowflakes—and were ready to get the task over with. "... you might just find your third entry slip in the hands of the guard."

"Miss Elf's riddle game is horrible today," I muttered in response.

"Huh?"

Shaking my head, I smiled at Jasper before saying, "The elf we picked our first entry ticket up from is the person who wrote these. This one isn't as great as the others..."

"Oh... What do you think it means?" He held the scroll out to me, and I took it, rereading it several times.

"Fairy tales... is there anything in London with fairy tales?"

"I mean... heaps, I guess. They mention a prince. Could it be something to do with the royals?"

I stopped in my tracks before turning to face him. "In the hands of the guard. That's where we have to start with our thinking. It has to be somewhere with guards."

"Well that could be any of the palaces..."

I narrowed my eyes as I skimmed the riddle again. "Rapunzel's tower... why mention..." But then it hit me. And it seemed to hit Jasper at the same time too.

Turning to face each other, we both exclaimed, "Tower of London!"

∘◦ ❈ ◦∘

Miss Elf was dressed in her usual green outfit out the front of the Tower of London. Its brick, dungeon-like aesthetic was certainly outshone by Tower Bridge right next to it, which sported two large towers that lifted and lowered the suspension bridge over the Thames.