Chapter 34: Capture and Enslavement

At the Autobots' base in Retoris, Megatron was recharging on his berth and he tossed and turned when he suddenly began to have nightmares. Megatron had a nightmare where he was being taken away from his parents at the Energon Mines by the Autobots during the Caste System from when Megatron was a sparkling, a miner, and a slave named D-16 before he spent his childhood being forced to mine for Energon, getting whipped by Autobots for breaking the rules and going through pain and misery before being adopted by one of the miners, Terminus and then leaving the Energon mines to become a famous gladiator at the Pits of Kaon where Megatron named himself after one of the Thirteen Original Primes: Megatronus Prime a.k.a The Fallen. Then Megatron had another nightmare where he was mourning the loss of his conjunx-endura, Firestar, and how he blamed Optimus Prime and the Autobots for her death before Megatron would later suffer the loss of his beloved son, Orion Eclipse when he disappeared and he was presumed dead during the Great War. Then, Megatron had a third nightmare where he was being tormented by Unicron the Chaos Bringer as his red optics turned purple and he could feel the Dark Energon running through his veins which triggered Megatron's PTSD to when he was revived and possessed by Unicron.

"No. No! Not again! Please Unicron, don't do this to me! I beg of you! Let me go! Set my spark free! Please, leave me alone!" Megatron pleaded as he felt Unicron's presence in his mind.

"You can never escape me, Megatron. You belong to me. You are a part of my Anti-Spark and you will learn to obey my every command." Unicron told Megatron in his nightmare.

"I belong to nobody!" Megatron yelled. Unicron takes control of Megatron as he transforms him back into the way he looked before in TFP: Beast Hunters: Predacons Rising. Megatron screams in fear and agony as he cannot take it anymore.

"No! NO!! UNICRON STOP!! STOP PLEASE!!! NOOOOOO!!!!" Megatron shouted.

(nightmare ends)

Megatron screams in fright as he wakes up from his nightmare before panting heavily. Megatron takes a few cycles to calm down before he buries his face into his hand servos and tries not to sob. Megatron goes to the bathroom to wash his face at the sink when he suddenly heard a familiar voice that spoke to him. "Megatron." the voice sounded like Optimus Prime. Megatron's red optics widened with surprise. "Optimus? Is that you??" Megatron exclaimed. "Look in the mirror," Optimus told Megatron. Megatron looks at the bathroom mirror and he sees his former archenemy's reflection in it. "It can't be," Megatron muttered. "It's been years since we last saw each other, old friend," Optimus said as he looked at Megatron from the mirror. "But how?! You can't be real. I must be hallucinating! I don't even believe in spirits." Megatron exclaimed. "You're not hallucinating, Megatron." Optimus told Megatron.

"How are you communicating with me from the Allspark?" Megatron asked in disbelief. "Primus himself sent me to tell you that your nightmares will soon come to an end. The time will come when Doomsayer and his New Decepticons are defeated and your spark will no longer be connected to Unicron's Anti-Spark, and you will finally be free," Optimus informed Megatron. "Free? But how? When?" Megatron asked. "I'm not sure. But when the time comes, I will return from the Allspark to help you and our friends put an end to Doomsayer's threat and prevent Unicron from destroying Cybertron, Earth, Primus, and the galaxy if Doomsayer were to succeed in reviving the Chaos Bringer. One day, the war between the Autobots and Decepticons will come to an end when both factions choose their new leaders to guide them and lead them toward peace, unity, and equality." Optimus' spirit told Megatron.