Chapter 28: Rekindled Love

It had been five hours since Megatron saved June Darby and she saved his life from Starscream. Agent Fowler has taken Mrs. Darby over to the hospital and she had her son, Jack Darby, her girlfriend, Miko Nakadai, and their friend, Rafael Esquivel come over to visit her. Ratchet mended the wound on Megatron's hand servo, and he even checked to make sure he wasn't infected with Dark Energon. Orion Eclipse, Bumblebee, and even Altair Comet were surprised that Megatron risked his spark to save a human being and for once in his lifetime, he actually did something right. Now Orion and his childhood sweetheart were feeling sorry for being hard on Megatron, but they mostly felt bad for Jack's mother. Orion Eclipse would attend Anthony Carter's birthday with Altair Comet and Bumblebee, but they decided not to since the incident happened with Megatron and June Darby because of that crazy vengeful seeker, Starscream.

"There. That's better." Ratchet said as he was able to fix Megatron's wounded hand. "Now let it rest for a while." The old medic told Megatron. "Will June be okay?" He asked. "She'll be alright, I promise. Why do you feel so worried about her?" Ratchet asked. Megatron nodded, "Because I don't want Jack Darby to lose a mother....just as Orion Eclipse had lost his mother. I feel responsible for her kidnapping and for her injuries. It's my fault that Starscream hurt her with the Dark Star Saber that I created. I never should've let him live! Now, look what happened!" Megatron told Ratchet. "Don't be so hard on yourself. We didn't know that June would be kidnapped by Starscream. It wasn't your fault she got kidnapped and hurt by Starscream." Ratchet said.

Megatron made a remorseful expression as he tried not to tear up. "Come to think of it, this is almost like the first time you've risked your spark to save a human being. You saved humanity from Unicron once when you teamed up with Optimus Prime. Now you've saved a human mother from your revenge-crazed enemy." Ratchet said as he worked on his computer before he heard Megatron crying which caught his attention and made him confused. "Are you...crying?" the medic asked. "No! Don't look at me." Megatron denied it before he clenched his fist and hissed in pain when he triggered the pain in his bandaged hand servo wound. "Ow." Ratchet sat right in front of Megatron. "It's okay to cry. Crying is usually a response to pain." He told the old mech.

Megatron considered taking Ratchet's medical advice before he let it all out as tears fell from his optics. He hadn't cried this much since...since the day he lost his beloved Firestar. "It's happening again," Megatron said as he continued to cry. "What's happening again?" Ratchet asked. "The death and loss of a mother could possibly be happening again if Starscream had actually murdered Mrs. Darby," Megatron replied. "No, no, no. June Darby is not dying. She just got hurt. She'll be alright. I promise." Ratchet said comfortingly to Megatron.

"By the Allspark, I've never seen you cry in tears before in my entire life," Ratchet exclaimed. "I...I...I haven't cried like this since...since the day I lost my beloved Firestar. If June dies, Jack will mourn for his carrier and he will suffer just as Orion Eclipse and I have suffered when we lost Firestar." Megatron said in bereavement. Ratchet was speechless. "Megatron. I had no idea that you're developing big emotions. Since when did you decide to have a heart?" He asked.

Megatron wiped his tears before he stuttered. "I...I d-don't k-k-know. I-I have no idea w-what's wr-wrong with me!" He said. "You don't have to explain. It's alright. There, there. Take a deep breath. June Darby will be alright. The Earth's doctors will take care of her until she recovers. I promise." Ratchet reassured the gray mech. "But—but that's not the only reason why I'm upset, doctor...Starscream wants me dead now for revenge because I have ruined his life. I created a monster. He...Starscream now holds an unhealthy, obsessive, hateful grudge against me because I mistreated him, I harmed him, I abused him, I punished him severely and I've beaten the scrap out of him for every misfortune and mistake he's made in the past millennia! This is all my fault." Megatron said in remorse.