"Olethros is a tool," I said. "It's not all-powerful. It's not the ultimate trump card. It's a part of me. It's a matter of perspective. Like all tools, it matters how it is used. I just know my tool better than I know anything else. And with that, things could happen. I promise you. If you give up and let the titans win, you will fade like your brothers. If you fight and win with us, you could do so much more. You won't live for them as you did for thousands of years or just live for Zeus like you did when he broke you out. You would now be able to live for yourself. Fight for yourself. Tyson believes in you. If Tartarus itself can't stop you...nothing can," I ranted.

Briars looked back for a few seconds before walking out, into the shadows, out of my field of view. Once he left, I turned back to the group. Everyone looked tired, and I told everyone that they should rest up and I would stay awake. Annabeth said I should rest too, but I pointed to the water and told them that it would do me more good than any sleep.

Aperio and Aioniotia transformed back to regular forms due to the excess space of the room we were in. I could see Silena snuggling closer to Aperio while everyone was asleep. Beckendorf accidentally rolled closer in his sleep, and both lions began to growl in response. Beckendorf, in his sleep, frowned and rolled back over.

Silena woke up with a start and began to pant. She was drenched with sweat. I rushed over, and when she saw me, she melted into my embrace. She looked troubled and concerned. She told me she had a dream of Daedalus and Icarus. About how Daedalus made the wings and barely escaped King Minos. She then saw the father and son jump out the window and fly away using the bronze wings Daedalus had made. But then she saw Icarus fall, and she felt the feeling of falling during his entire descent down.

"Demigod dreams suck," Silena muttered. "Well, yours seems alright. You dream of mom and not in the nice sweet way but actually see her in the literal could have a conversation way." She then looked at my face. "What's wrong?"

"That is the question I'm asking myself. Your mother has been giving me the silent treatment. I've prayed and tried to speak to her, but all I'm getting is the feeling that I'm wasting my time," I admitted.

"She's not responding? That's weird; talking to you is like the highlight of her day. She's like a schoolgirl with a crush. Which makes sense since her entire personality is based on love itself. Maybe something happened?"

"That's what's got me worried," I enlightened.

The next morning everyone ate their breakfast and began down the maze once more. Aperion and Aioniotita reluctantly turned back into their smaller forms. Grove started to mention that it smelled like the Underworld. We continued down the path until we made it through some tall grass and ended up back outside. I was near a wooden fence to hold back cattle.

Not long after entering the clearing of what I figured was a ranch, we began to see exotic mythical animals. Aperio and Aioniotita started to lick their lips at some of the animals and monsters on display. Even in their small forms, they were feared since most creatures backed away, figuring out what my cat-disguised-lions were.

Aioniotita had stopped Aperio from eating an animal when a man came towards us. He called for our attention as if he knew my lions were up to no good. He was tall and muscular. He had stark white long hair and a beard. He looked like a redneck father-time. Actually, now that I looked at him, he looked like buff Sam Elliott when he had long hair. He even sounded like him. If you don't know who that is, imagine the ideal actor for any cowboy role or southern American role, and you still won't be able to come close to how spot-on he is for it. He is the embodiment of an old southern actor with a deep, wise voice. I don't know how a voice sounds clever, but trust me, he is. I knew who he was by reputation but never had the chance to meet him before, that is, if I guessed who he was correctly.