Chapter 10

After the P.E. class, the snack counter filled up with students who came to buy drinks.

Zhang Ke fought through the crowd with all his strength and snatched up four bottles of ice-cold soda. He kept one bottle for himself and tossed the remaining bottles to the other three.

Han Meng, "Aiya! So cold, didn't I say it should be at room temperature."

Zhang Ke cut him off, "You always ask for too much, alright? If you wanted at room temperature, you should have bought one yourself."

Han Meng replied, "It's full of sweaty, stinky alphas in there, it makes me feel so sick. I definitely won't go in there."

Chen YingYing asked, "Didn't you also sweat in P.E. just now too?"

Han Meng said proudly, "I sprayed on some antiperspirant and then sprayed on some cologne after."

Jiang Yao let out a gasp of admiration, "So refined, xiongdi."

Han Meng said, "You're flattering me too much. Hey, Jiang Yao, you don't seem to stink of sweat all over, what brand of antiperspirant do you use?"

Jiang Yao laughed, "It's very simple, I just don't exercise."

"......"

Chen YingYing rolled her eyes up to the sky, "At the moment, I don't know which of the two of you is more of a weirdo."

There were still seven or eight minutes before the start of class. The four of them walked slowly back to the classroom. Suddenly, Zhang Ke touched Jiang Yao's arm and said in a low voice, "Look, the four in front of us are the Four Guardians."

Jiang Yao looked up with great anticipation, following his line of sight, and caught sight of four people walking in front of him. They were all tall except one and the height difference was very distinct.

"There's an omega? I thought they were all alphas."

The Four Guardians were the student officers directly responsible for the school affairs, so they ought to have strong enough positions to win the public over. Jiang Yao was surprised that there was an omega among them.

"Don't underestimate that short-haired omega. Sometimes she's more fierce than the alphas. Her name is Tang ShaSha, the head of our school's literature and art department. She's a particularly overbearing woman.

Previously, Han Meng also ran for that position and almost squeezed her out, so now Tang ShaSha looks down on him calling him out as a fem in both public and private."

"Doesn't our class monitor always call Han Meng a fem?" (t/n: the term translated as 'fem' is very derogatory and offensive)

"How is that the same! Our class monitor is obviously joking around! Compared to her, that's practically gentle and cute."

"Oh?" Jiang Yao began to be interested.

Their group closed in on foot, until they were able to clearly hear the details of the Four Guardians' conversation:

"Zhang-laoshi must have said what he did because he wanted to keep the matter under control. He wanted to calm down everyone's mood, since the general atmosphere has been one of alarm these past few days."

"Not necessarily. I think that omega is just lying. Who could personally admit that they were...... you know. How could the scumbag just run away after being cut? Wouldn't he just fly into a rage?"

"That's right. That omega must be trying to preserve his reputation. So selfish, how can we catch the scumbag like this? Won't everyone else be threatened with the same danger in the future? He definitely isn't being considerate of his tongxue at all."