"Yeah. You're the only one standing." Sero added.

Iida tensed before sitting down, frustrated, "Dang it."

"Don't sweat it," Uraraka replied.

"Hey, Tsu, who do you think is gonna teach class today?" Mina questioned, leaning back in her chair.

"No idea," Tsuyu answered. "Mr. Aizawa's still in the hospital recovering from his injuries."

The door slid open and Yuna looked from the two girls to the door. Aizawa was standing in the door frame. He looked like a mummy with all the bandages he had on his body. Both his arms were in casts and all you could see of his face was his eyes.

"Morning class," Aizawa mumbled through the bandages.

"Mr. Aizawa what are you doing here!" Everyone yelled.

"Whoa! What a pro." Kaminari added.

Iida raised his hand and spoke, "Mr. Aizawa, I'm glad you're ok."

"You call that 'ok'?" Uraraka questioned, Yuna silently agreeing with her.

"My well-being is irrelevant," Aizawa said as he walked to the podium. "What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet."

Yuna tensed, not sure what Aizawa meant.

"The UA Sports Festival is about to start," Aizawa finished, the tense dissolving. A few of the students cheered.

"Wait, a second," Kaminari interrupted before everyone could get too excited.

"Is it really a good idea to hold the Sports Festival right after a villain attack?" Jero questioned.

"They could attack us while we're all in the same place," Ojiro pointed out. 

"Apparently, the administration thinks this is a good way to show that the threat has been handled and our school is safer than ever," Aizawa explained. Yuna couldn't tell if he sounded annoyed because he thought it was a dumb idea or if it was just the bandages. "Plus, they're beefing up security compared to past years. This event is a huge opportunity for all students at UA. It's not something that can just be canceled because of a few villains. Our sports festival is one of the most-watched events in the entire world. In the past, everyone obsessed over the Olympic games. But then quirks appeared. Now the Olympics have been drastically reduced in terms of scale and viewership. For anyone who cares about competition, there's only one tournament that matters. The UA Sports Festival."

"That's right," Yaoyorozu said. "And top heroes everywhere will be watching. This is where we get scouted."

"It's true that joining a famous hero agency can give you great experience and popularity. That's why the festival matters. If you wanna go pro one day, then this event could open the path for you." Aizawa said. "One chance a year. Three chances a lifetime. No aspiring hero can afford to miss this festival. That means you better not slack off on your training."

Yuna felt her chest tighten as everyone said, 'yes sir' and Aizawa dismissed the class. For some reason, she felt called out when Aizawa told them not to slack off. She hadn't been training at home as much since the battle training with All Might. Maybe if she had been, she would've had a better chance against Miori. 

Yuna let out a sigh as her classmates started talking about the sports festival. She'd just have to train hard in the days leading up to the sports festival and do her best.

* * *

The rest of the day passed by and soon, Yuna was getting ready to leave. That's when Uraraka opened the door and relieved a crowd of students outside.

"Um, why are you all here?" Uraraka questioned.

"Do you have some business with our class?' Iida asked as Yuna stepped forward to see the students outside their door.

"They're scouting out the competition, idiots," Bakugo said, walking toward the door. "We're the ones who made it out of a villain attack. They wanna see us with their own eyes." He stopped in front of the students. A few of them seemed nervous seeing Bakugo that close. "At least now you know what a future pro looks like. Now move outta my way extras."

"You can't walk around calling people extras just because you don't know them!" Iida scolded, chopping his hand through the air.

"So this is class 1-A," a student from the crowd said and Yuna watched as a tired-looking boy with purple hair made his way to the front of the crowd. "I heard you guys were impressive, but you just seem arrogant. Are all the students in the hero course like this?"

"No, that's just Bakugo," Yuna stated as her classmates frantically shook their heads.

"How sad to come here and find a bunch of egomaniacs," the boy said, finally standing at the front of the crowd.

"I literially just said that was Bakugo," Yuna said, her classmates nodding their heads. Bakugo shoot her a glare and she just glared back.

"I wanted to be in the hero course," the purpled-haired boy continued, regaining Yuna's attention, "but like many others here, I was forced to choose a different track. I didn't cut it the first time around. But I have another chance. If any of us do well in the sports festival, the teachers can decide to transfer us into the hero course. And they'll have to transfer people out to make room."

Yuna tensed. They can transfer people out of the hero course? She took in a sharp breath and for a second, she felt like her world was spinning. She couldn't get transferred out. She worked so hard to be here.

"Scouting the competition? Maybe some of my peers are, but I'm here to let you know that if you don't bring your best, I'll steal your spot right from under you." the boy said. "Consider this a declaration of war."

"Hey, hey! I'm from class 1-B next door!" A spiky-haired boy exclaimed before Yuna could truly process the purple-haired boy's declaration. "We heard you fought some villains and I came to see if that was true. But you're just a bunch of brats who think you're better than us! Talk all you want, it'll just be more embarrassing when you're beaten!" Yuna watched as Bakugo ignored the boy and started to walk out of the classroom. That only made the class B student more upset, "Don't you ignore me!"

"Dude, where are you going?" Kirishima questioned, "It's your fault everyone's hating on us!"

Bakugo glanced back at Kirishima, "These people don't matter. The only thing that's important is that I beat them."

Yuna frowned as she watched Bakugo leave. She hated to admit it, but he was right. If she wanted to do well at the festival, she needed to beat all of these students to do that. She couldn't let any of them replace her.

Yuna's phone vibrated in her pocket and she saw her mom had texted her. She was just asking her if she was almost home, but pulling out her phone made Yuna notice the time. She quickly texted her mom that she was about to leave the school before walking up to the crowd of students.

"Excuse me," Yuna muttered, making her way through the crowd. She earned a few glares from some of the students but ignored them and texted her mom about the crowd once she had gotten through.

-Author Note-

We're now at the start of the sports festival arc! It's very exciting. And in celebration of that, I'm posting two chapters today, so the next one will be out in a few hours. I have, like, 15 prewritten chapters and have plans for after that, so I'm a little impatient with how slow updates are going right now. So because of that, you get a double update.

Hope you have a great day and enjoy the next chapter!

-Starlight