(((Late August - Training Camp at Nekoma High)))

Start from the beginning

"Does Nekoma High have a shōgi club?"

"Shōgi? Uh, I think so. Right, Kai?"

The vice-captain nodded. "Yeah. They have a club room on the first floor."

"Why do you want to know?" Yaku asked her.

"Could I enter the room? Or, borrow their materials?"

The third-year libero thought about it. "I think you could go in. But, you probably shouldn't take anything outside the room."

Ai smiled. "I understand. Thank you."
She glanced around at the players, speculating if they would be alright if she left. Her gaze lingered for a second longer on Kenma, but they didn't seem to need anything in particular. She could probably leave the gym for a while.
She turned back to the third-years. "Please call me if you need anything." Ai bowed to Yaku and Kai, and after gathering her things, she made her way to Karasuno's side of the gymnasium.

Kuroo came up to her again, following her. "Where are you going, Nekoma's manager?"

"You should know, Kuro," she told him without looking back, "that my crows come first."

"Come on, don't be a stranger."

Ai grinned and shook her head at his choice of words as her longtime friend. "Kei, indulge me for a bit, will you?"

Tsukishima looked down at her with an exasperated face, while Yamaguchi looked confused from his place next to him.

"Would you like to come too, Tadashi?"

He glanced at his blond friend to see his reaction. "Where are we going?"

"Where are we going?" Kuroo repeated, smirking.

"You'll see. And Kuro, I know you overheard my talking with Yaku-san. What made you think you may toy with me?" She smirked at him and then turned to Kageyama, who was stretching his shoulders. "Tobio, are you coming?"

He met her eyes. "Huh? Uhh," he hesitated, seeing that Tsukishima was also coming.

"Come. You're our setter, aren't you? The command tower of the team?" she instigated.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his head, a little embarrassed from her flattery. "I guess."

"Wonderful," she smiled. "Kuro, would you do the honor of leading the way?" She batted her eyelashes for extra credit.

He smirked. "Certainly, princess." He bowed with a hand over his heart and his other hand extended toward the exit.

"What about me? Am I going, too?" Hinata shined his eyes at the special field trip that the rest of the first-years were going on.

Ai stepped up to him and placed her hands on his shoulders. Everyone made fun of his height, but the ball of sunshine was seven centimeters even taller than her. "Don't despair, Shōyō. I'm more than sure you'll have more fun practicing with Kōtarō-san. Trust me." She winked.

When he didn't look too convinced, she sighed with a hopeless smile. Ai went behind him and pushed on his back to lead him to the Fukurōdani people chatting in the middle of the court. "I'll only be a minute," she told the guys behind her.