Chapter 30

Days and weeks went by of studying and having fun for the group of close teens. Susan was still MIA but everyone agreed to keep a lookout for her in case she was to come back to Hogwarts.

"I can't believe the Yule Ball is in 3 days!" Ginny shouted as the girls were walking down the corridors from their previous class. "I know. And then after the Yule Ball is the second task of the Triwizard Tournament. It's gonna feel weird not going home for the holidays this year." Hermione said.

"Yes, but this doesn't happen regularly at Hogwarts. What's one year of not being home for the holidays." Lucy said.

All of the girls had their dates for the Yule Ball and each now had to pick out a dress to match the suits of their dates. It wasn't mandatory for them to match, but the group of girls decided that's what they all wanted.

Joining them in their dress shopping was a familiar Ravenclaw, Cho Chang. Her and Edmund were going to the ball together and she ended up becoming close with the Gryffindors and Hufflepuff.

Tris remained quiet in the group. She was nervous of not being able to find a dress that she felt confident in. She has a beautiful curvy figure but she wasn't confident in herself. She wanted to be skinny like the other girls even though she was technically already skinny.

She had a small belly and was very insecure about it, but she never realized that most girls all have the same thing. That just showed that she's very healthy, and George honestly loved that part about her. She was beautiful no matter what shape or size she is.

"Tris, what color is George's suit?" Cho asked the quiet Gryffindor. "Royal blue. He insisted on wearing my favorite color." Tris said looking over at the Ravenclaw. "That's so sweet. Cedric and I are wearing gold to represent our house colors." Lucy said. "That's cute Lucy. What about you and Edmund?" Tris said over to Cho. "Burgundy red." Cho said. "Cho, you're gonna look so good in that color." Ginny said. Cho then gave the Gryffindor a warming smile.

After the group of girls were finished with their classes for the day, they all got permission by their head of house to go to Diagon Alley to go dress shopping. All of the Gryffindor students were given permission to shop for their dress robes and dresses. The girls decided to go in a group and so did the guys.

As the girls made their way to the dress shop, Tris saw a familiar red head walk into a shop but it wasn't one that sold dress robes. She didn't get a good look as to what was inside the shop because Lucy had pulled her into the dress shop. Each of the girls broke up and headed to different directions in the shop.

Tris wasn't sure where to start and just looked around for a bit. Hermione and Ginny walked off together to Try on dresses in the changing room and Cho walked in the direction of all of the burgundy dresses. Lucy had spotted Tris across the room and shouted her name to get her attention. Tris then made her way over to the Hufflepuff and asked what she needed help with.

"I need your help. I need you to help me pick the right dress." Lucy said with a look of desperation in her eyes. Tris then assured Lucy that she'd find the right dress and started pulling dresses from the racks. They then walked over to the changing rooms and Lucy started trying on dresses. As she changed into one dress, Tris stepped out to look for herself at some royal blue dresses. None were catching her eye yet and Lucy then called over for her to come look.

"Wow Lucy. You look stunning!" Tris said as she looked at the Hufflepuff wearing a beautiful long gold dress with lots of sparkles all over. "I think this is it." Lucy said as she looked in the mirror at the beautiful dress. "I think so too." Tris said as she gave Lucy a reassuring smile.

Lucy then stepped back in the room to take off her dress. Tris had managed to step away and look once again for her own dress. She was going through every royal blue dress rack and so far nothing had caught her eye. She began to feel frustrated because everyone else was done finding their dresses. She was the only one left to find a dress. The other girls were still walking around the store looking at other dresses trying to give Tris some space.