58: Almost To The Truth

Start from the beginning

"Damn it all... Obito...!"

"Kakashi..."

This time, it was Obito's smaller voice. So uncharacteristic for the both of them.

After trying to reciprocate what was happening, they all finally got to the conclusion that they were in the past.

But... a different outcome?

All their eyes widened as they saw the scene before them.

Obito seemed to be under a massive boulder, and Kakashi was trying to push it off while Rin cried.

They remained silent.

"Kakashi... I... Didn't give you a gift for your Jonin promotion... Right?"

Obito from under the rock spoke. Kakashi left the boulder and looked down at him with so much pain.

"...Kakashi... I'd like you to have my eye. I won't have much use of it and I... Wasn't able to give you a present."

The other Kakashi's eye widened as Obito said that.

They watched the scene one last time as Rin came up to Obito's vision with more tears in her eyes.

Then, the whole world cracked; and it now showed the scene of someone waking up in a forest.

The person seemed to have touched his head as small white strands showed up at his similarly pure white hand.

The person's eyes widened as he sat up.

They looked at their hands.

"Where am I...? Where is Rin?"

That voice... Obito and Kakashi's eyes widened as they realized who the person was.

Tobi...!

They watched as the man hid behind a tree after hearing people coming from a direction.

Fugaku and Minato landed on the ground and they spoke to each other.

The white-haired man, Tobi, found that same orange swirly mask inside his cloak and he put it on.

Then, their sensei in the vision went up from behind Tobi and tried to strike.

Tobi went through the ground, though, and his Sharingan flashed for Minato to see as he disappeared under the ground. They had never seen their sensei make a face like that before... a face of pure coldness.

Obito clutched his eye as it bled again, and again; they all ended up watching  Tobi stare at them from behind a bush.

"That... was the extreme chakra presence I felt...!" Kakashi said with every kind of surprise on his voice as his eyes remained trained in the scene.

They were in the scenario, sure, but they didn't seem to be heard, felt, or seen. Like they were inside Tobi's mind just spectating.

They... continued to watch.

Tobi then walked up to them as Team Seven when they were younger, eight years ago, and they went to the same position as last time.

But the most surprising of them all is Tobi's voice resonating around them and yet it wasn't coming from his mouth.

My past self, Kakashi... and Rin.

Kakashi's eye widened even more as he heard the first three words in Tobi's sentence.

They wouldn't stand a chance against me...but I'll fix that for them.

"How does Tobi-"

Rin was cut off as within a blink of an eye, another swirl took place and they were all brought to somewhere else.

Obito didn't realize the swirl came from somewhere else as he closed his eyes and passed out from Chakra exhaustion.

-----

Obito, now Tobi wouldn't deny that it was not really the right time to interfere in them finding out about his true identity, but he had to as they wouldn't have any other way out unless Obito would gain his chakra back and wake up.

Kakashi could do the job, but he doesn't know anything about Kamui or how to activate the Mangekyou Sharingan in his eye. At least, not completely. Yet.

Tobi was quick to bring the three to a secluded area as his Kamui swirl died down.

They must have been too caught up with visions from his eye; showing what Tobi was doing upon arriving; that they didn't notice his, in Kakashi's words, 'extreme chakra presence'.

It was an honor to hear that from Kakashi of the Sharingan himself but it wasn't actually a compliment.

Kakashi was hit the grassy ground with a 'thud' as Rin landed on her side.

Obito, however, laid motionless as he was facing down with lines of blood on his cheek from the eye Tobi gave him.

"You... You! How do you know about the three of us!?" Kakashi yelled as he jumped up, his hand on the pouch on his leg for the kunai.

Tobi just stared at Kakashi with pity. Pity for the Hatake being so clueless.

"Kakashi....honestly, even I don't know how you all could possibly see through my vision, but... it's true."

Kakashi's visible eye widened again as Rin opened her eyes slowly.

"What–"

"By 'my past self', I mean."