7: Conversation

After a moment of silence, Fugaku's stance seemed to have softened.

His Sharingan didn't get deactivated but he seemed to be considering what Obito had said.

Mikoto was glancing at him and Fugaku with eyes most likely ready to activate its own Sharingan, with baby Itachi ever so oblivious to what was happening.

Obito didn't dare move yet. He needed to speak to the clan head now.

Fugaku glanced at his wife's worried eyes, before sighing, finally deactivating his Kekkei Genkai.

He stood straight, eyes calculating and boring into Obito's mask. He turned to his wife, but his body was still facing Obito.

"Go to the other room and take Itachi with you." he said, and Mikoto hesitantly nodded, speed-walking to another room with Itachi in her arms. The baby stared at Obito's one eye curiously while babbling incoherent things with its small mouth.

Once Mikoto was away, Fugaku fired his Sharingan again. He was probably trying to replenish his Chakra in a short time.

He squinted his eyes at Obito, jaw tight and locked in place.

"What do you want to talk about." he said with a low, defensive growl.

Obito couldn't help but pity this man. Because he knew in the future he would surrender himself to his own son, the same one that he made his wife leave with.

"I am not here to cause harm." Obito said calmly, sighing all the while and inviting himself to sit on one of the chairs. His throat was already aching slightly at the use of that deep voice.

Fugaku eyed his movements before sitting on the opposite side as well, for a time deactivating his Sharingan.

Obito made eye contact with Fugaku, which made the clan head frown further.

"I just wanted to tell you that I am, in fact, not Uchiha Madara." Obito continued sotfly, voice like normal now.

Fugaku's brows lifted. "But–"

"I am aware that Hiruzen had thought that I am. But I am not. Is that clear?" Obito said and asked, observing Fugaku's reaction.

Fugaku frowned harder, the lines on his face clearer, but he didn't activate his Sharingan.

"Why are you telling me this?" he asked gruffly, trying to get something out of Obito that wasn't short or cryptic.

Obito sighed again, slightly slumping his shoulders. "I asked 'is that–"

"Is this because I'm the Uchiha clan head? Because I just know that you think just because I'm an Uchiha that I won't tell–"

"I am not–"

"I will tell the Hokage what you just told m–"

Obito stood up cutting Fugaku off and grabbed his collar harshly.

He showed his eye.

"Am I clear?"

A swirling Mangekyou.

Fugaku's eyes widened as well, but he nodded through the hard pull of Obito's right hand.

Strangely, he didn't activate his Sharingan.

Obito let him go and glared at him one last time before starting to walk away.

Mikoto walked in, "I heard a n–" she was cut off by the sudden closeness of Obito.

She froze in her spot and Itachi reached a hand up at Obito.

Obito lost his glare and let the baby hold onto his inhuman finger.

But before it could put it into its mouth he pulled away. I can't have Itachi use my Hashirama cell body as a pacifier.

He bowed at Mikoto slightly again in respect, no longer saying anything before walking to the door.

He saw the baby in his peripheral vision waving at him. He only nodded back as a way of response, no longer looking back.

He could tell Fugaku watched his every move, but he didn't mind it.

As long as Fugaku would keep that conversation in mind, he would leave him alone.

He stepped out of the home and shut the door now behind him.

He then shunshin'd to another area.

-----

Minato couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"Hokage-sama... Are you implying that the one that had spent time with my students is the Madara Uchiha?" he asked in disbelief.

Hiruzen nodded, crossing his hands together in front of his face.

He took off his hat by now. Minato frowned.

"So is he also the one that me and Fugaku had encountered outside of the village?" he asked again, but Hiruzen didn't respond.

"You saw someone like that in the outskirts of Konoha?" he asked and Minato nodded.

"Yes, Hokage-sama. They had a Sharingan as far as I saw. But I saw no mask." the blonde said, worry etched onto his face at the thought that the Madara Uchiha had encountered and even had a casual conversation with his students and Kushina.

And also at the fact that this man holds special Jutsu. From how the Hokage explained it, it might have also been a space-time Jutsu like his.

He glanced at the pouch strapped to his leg that contained the special kunai. If they have that kind of Jutsu then they would be hard to fight.

But this is the Madara Uchiha in the legends we're talking about, not just some Rogue that decided that invading Konoha was a great idea.

"This will be a big problem if we leave him–"

"Hokage-sama." someone interrupted, entering the room.

Minato turned around and saw Fugaku entering.

"Yes, Fugaku?" Hiruzen said. Fugaku cleared his throat, but not before glancing at Minato.

"It seems that the one that has come to Konoha with a mask is not Uchiha Madara." he stated. Hiruzen raised a brow and Minato furrowed his brows in suspicion.

"And how do you know that, Fugaku?" Hiruzen asked again, earning a straightforward answer.

"One of the Uchihas has gone Rogue. Here is a flier of the Uchiha that has left the village."

Fugaku handed the Hokage an old flier containing a child that looked like the typical Uchiha.

Hiruzen hummed while scanning the picture. He lent the flier to Minato and he also scanned it with calculating eyes.

He gave it back to Fugaku.

"Is that truly the man we saw?" Minato asked. Fugaku nodded.

"Yes. Back then he said that he was being mistreated by his Classmates for being a late bloomer of the Sharingan. Maybe that was why he left."

Minato squinted his eyes at the flier again before nodding, prying his eyes away.

"If you say so, Fugaku." he said, turning to the door.

Hiruzen nodded, signalling that they were allowed to leave.

Fugaku nodded back and Minato was finally far from the door leading to the Hokage office.

But once Fugaku was about to shut the door, he heard the Hokage speak up.

"I hope you are not lying to me, Uchiha Fugaku."

-----

"So he did it."

Obito took off his mask while spectating the village from afar. He breathed in the fresh air.

"I'm not surprised. He truly took that conversation to heart."