20: This Is It

Obito didn't rest for much longer after that short pause with his back lax on a tree again as he knew the next part of his personal mission would be more difficult than the last.

He jumped from tree to tree again and arrived at the place where his past self's proclaimed demise happened. Inside there was no sign of the two from earlier.

It seems I'm early. He thought to himself. He was never early back then. But then again in this situation he had to drag with him an injured, one-eyed Hatake genius who turned out to only be emotionally repressed.

He watched from atop yet another branch he was on and started to wait.

-----

Rin laid helplessly on the ground, tied up by ropes as her back hit the unkempt, hard wall.

She prayed to whoever God out there for her teammates to finally find her.

The man that was patrolling in where she was bound in was strong, and looked strong. He demonstrated it in front of her, after all.

All she could do was stay strong and as calm as possible.

Soon enough after passing out, she awoke with a jolt at the sudden sound of footsteps.

She looked up in the direction of the sounds and saw Kakashi and Obito appear in front of the ninja that kept her trapped there.

Her eyes widened at their arrival, but she had to admit that she was, for a fact, very glad that they had found her.

But her eye lids didn't cooperate as she just felt... Tired.

She closed her eyes.

-----

After Kakashi had been patched up, he and Obito had started to run to the direction of where their friend had been captured.

Kakashi had a bit of a hard time seeing as he now only had one eye but he continued nonetheless.

For Konoha, he thought. But Obito was only determined on saving Rin.

At this time the Uchiha didn't care if he got the Sharingan or not. He only wanted to save his friend and escape alive and in the blink of an eye, they'd be back in the village. If, they'd succeed the mission first.

But Obito also didn't care if they completed the mission or not. He just wanted to save the girl he loved.

Yes, he has always had a thing for Rin. It was painfully obvious but Rin liked Kakashi.

Kakashi shook his head and decided not to dwell on it anymore and without thinking, they both barged in where Rin was held captive and both was now stood in front of the Ninja who was responsible for the capture of Rin.

The Ninja had a disgusting smile on his face as he taunted the Jonin and the Chunin, but they both ignored it and charged without word.

They fought and Obito was sliced exactly on his palm, a straight, deep cut.

It made him drop his kunai and the Ninja swung his leg at both of Kakashi's feet, making the Hatake fall on his back with a grunt.

-----

"Ha! Did you two really expect me to go easy on you just because you're a bunch of snot-nosed kids?" the Ninja chuckled darkly after he said that as he positioned one of his long swords towards Obito.

He brought it up with his arm, pointing it directly at the Uchiha's chest, just before--

-----

Kakashi's lone, working eye widened as he saw the Ninja freeze, the man's eyes wide and looking down in obvious surprise.

Kakashi focused his eye on what the man was looking at and saw Obito... with both eyes as red as blood.

There was a single dot that was moving around the pitch black pupil slowly.

Is that- It was obvious to Kakashi what was happening and what Obito had that in his eyes replaced his usual onyx color.

"The Sharingan..." Kakashi uttered in disbelief. So the Obito Uchiha, the sole late-bloomer and Black Sheep of the Uchiha Clan, has finally gained the Sharingan.

The Ninja suddenly shook his head and went back to reality from the small Genjutsu that was cast on him by Obito's new eyes, but by then the Uchiha was already standing up, as well as Kakashi who stood up without any more second thoughts after he saw that Obito had gained the Sharingan.

The Ninja, after being stunned for a moment, cracked his neck and that crooked smile returned.

He growled deeply, "You kids got some spunk after all..."

-----

Obito watched the whole time the fight going on from a short tree that he jumped to after seeing his younger self and Kakashi enter the area boldly without protection.

All the while he was glaring at the Ninja fighting them. He even managed to make Kakashi and his younger self fall, but the advantage was that his younger self finally got the Sharingan, albeit in a different way.

He was preparing himself on saving them and he hoped he wouldn't be late like with Kakashi.

And Rin, matter of fact. He let them take her because he went too late and focused his attention on Kakashi.

But that was fine.

The fight continued and not long after his younger self gained the Sharingan the enemy nin finally fell down.

He steeled his face inside his mask as one thought remained.

This is it.