49: A Little Chakra Test

Obito didn't realize it but maybe he was rubbing off too much on these children.

It was finally that week, as the trio had called it (mostly Yahiko), and it was the day the Uchiha would be showcasing his Jutsus. Or, better yet, Chakra use.

It wasn't anything hard. For Genin-level kids, he meant.

So, with that said, the three were now in front of him, jumping up and down excitedly. Only Yahiko, again, as Konan and Nagato seemed patient.

Yahiko is really like me, huh, Obito thought before clearing his throat.

"Alright." he took out four pieces of paper from inside his cloak. So far the children aren't curious about what's inside my coat.

He showed them the papers. "You are all too young, and never experienced training with Chakra before, so this is the best I can do for you in terms of Chakra."

Yahiko raised a brow and tilted his head. "What? What will some piece of paper do to help with our training!?" he yelped when Konan pinched his arm with a straight face.

He pouted as he gave the girl a side-glare. It was out of character for Konan, but maybe she was just trying to make Yahiko quiet down with a silence of her own.

Obito cleared his throat again, "I don't mean to sound pitiful, but right now the best you can do with your Chakra is find out what nature it is." after that he caught a glimpse of Nagato's only clear Rinnegan eye, with his red hair covering the other, staring at him intently.

The rain had stopped earlier, so despite the muddy grass, they were able to do what Obito wanted outdoors.

They've gotten used to living with him now, and even let their guard down while sitting on the couch with him.

Yahiko was still whiny, but to a lesser degree, only willing to genuinely learn. Konan and Nagato stayed the same, but Nagato was more comfortable showing his Rinnegan to Obito now, with Konan giving Obito more paper origamis here and there, unlike before with many more resemblances and shapes.

They even started to tell Obito if their dreams for the future.

Obito wouldn't spare the details yet though.

"Sure, not to sound pitiful..." Yahiko's low grumble was ignored as Obito put one of the papers between his fingers, and lowered his hand to show it to the three.

"This paper isn't just any paper. No, it's a kind of paper that will make reactions depending on your Chakra nature, or affinity." As he said that, the paper on his hand started to burn by itself.

Yahiko, Konan and Nagato stared in awe as it was happening.

Obito chuckled at their childishness, "That means I have the fire nature."

His face turned serious again as the three had surprised faces at the knowledge of their sensei's affinity. "There are five basic Chakra natures in total. Fire, Earth, Water, Lightning, and the rarest of them all, Wind."

The three were listening closely, almost completely focused on what Obito just unraveled to them about Chakra.

He put one of the three papers down to the children's height.

"Just touch it and it will work immediately. For Fire it burns, like mine, for Lightning it crumples, for Earth it turns to dust, for Water it gets wet, and for Wind it cuts in half. Ready?"

Yahiko was about to walk first before pausing and looking at Konan. The girl tilted her head, until Yahiko stepped back, getting the hint that she was first.

She gulped, before stepping towards the paper and touching it gently with one finger.

Almost immediately the results were clear. It cut in half.

Obito clapped, as she stepped back beside her friends. "You have wind style! Congrats, Konan!" he smiled brightly. Wind style, huh... Perfect if I want to train her to do her paper ninjutsu again. She must have potential as a child if she was able to force me to use Izanagi.

Obito nodded at her as Nagato and Yahiko cheered her on. Next, Yahiko pushed Nagato lightly with one hand towards another paper that the Uchiha let down.

Nagato, like Konan, gulped, as he neared it and put a finger on it.

The results were just as quick as Konan's. It cut in half, like Konan's.

Obito was not surprised that Nagato has only one. If he sees Obito use fire Jutsus, he would be able to master it quickly, too, therefore giving him the privilege of having more than one Chakra nature once he grows up and sees more Jutsu around him.

Nagaot was cheered on as well as he backed away to his original spot. After that, Yahiko finally came with a puffed chest of confidence.

He smiled wide, showing his white teeth, as he held on to the new paper Obito let down with two fingers.

Obito watched as it got wet. Yahiko's eyes lit up at that. "Awesome! I got water nature, right?"

Obito nodded at him and clapped his hands as well. "Very good, you three. That goes for our first Chakra test."

Yahiko, from his earlier confident stance, deflated again. "What!? That's it!? How about the tricks!?"

Obito scratched the back of his head sheepishly. "Right. I forgot about that..." he turned back around to face the three.

He performed hand signs. "This is a simple one. A common fire technique."

The three nodded at him, as he continued the hand signs, slowly so that the children would keep up.

After making the hand signs, he took in a deep breath-and blew it all out.

To the three children's complete surprise, hot fire blew from his mouth instead of air. A big one, that hit a nearby tree which caused it to fall down.

They all stared at their sensei, mouth agape as he simply just spit out a few ashes from his mouth onto the muddy grass.

It was a weak jutsu amongst water-users, but the strength of the Jutsu mattered more than the number of the enemies. Plus, even if they didn't know he was an Uchiha (not like they even know what Uchiha is), he wanted to show off the clan's specialty fire jutsu. It doesn't matter a lot, but for children who don't really know any better, it's more special than it initially looks.

Obito patted his shoulder for effect as he nodded at the three and walked away. "Stay in the house. I'll come back later."

The three just stared at him as he slowly went out of view.

-----

Obito walked away from them as he went in search of a familiar black creature.

Right now, supposedly, it shouldn't have a form, but he also wouldn't be surprised if it did.

Earlier that day he felt something watching him and his team of children, and just now he felt something watching them from the nearby tree, so he shot at it with a fireball, using an excuse of showing it off.

The presence left and now he's trailing after it. He used his Kamui.

Just a little more, Zetsu.

He swirled back in from a dimension inside tall lines of trees and nature.

Just a little more...

He walked up to a bush radiating that familiar presence and he pulled out a black creature.

Uchiha: Back To The Past! (Naruto) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें