58: Almost To The Truth

Obito felt his eye pour out hot liquid as he watched himself uncontrollably pulling him and Rin inside a somewhat familiar swirl.

-----

Obito tensed as he felt a strange sensation in his eye.

As if its counterpart was using its power and it was itching to use it as well.

Wait...

Suddenly, he started to see faint visions of another point of view; he didn't hear anything but he was sure he saw.

There, he saw Rin... getting sucked into a swirl?

Wait...

Obito's eye widened upon realizing that maybe, maybe, his past self was using Kamui. On himself and Rin.

But how is he able to use it? It took me multiple months just to keep it going back in the cave...

Obito was confused. This time, genuinely.

Maybe something triggered it? Like a painful memory?

He started wracking his mind for anything, but turned up with nothing. His past self didn't have much things he could activate his Mangekyou Abilities for other than his close family or peers dying somehow and Obito was sure everyone was alive and healthy, so how...?

Suddenly, a wave of realization hit Obito all at once.

Wait. My eye...

His brows lifted as it all suddenly made sense. He touched his closed, empty eye with a finger.

...my memories?

He shook his head, so that means that my past self managed to unlock it by looking at someone that hurt me greatly in the past and the eye remembered. That is, if he closed his own eye and looked at that someone with only the eye I gave him.

He shut his eye as he sighed. I guess I can spectate for safety measures.

He just laid back down.

Since he has my eye, it was meant to be from the start that it would one day get activated for all its worth and power. But why so sudden?

-----

Once the swirling ended, Obito felt like throwing up.

He didn't know how he didn't pass out then and there from Chakra exhaustion alone.

He heard Rin gasp again and he opened his eyes.

A mistake, it seems, as the place- no, the world they were in started to morph into another world.

At least, for now... in Obito's eyes.

There, a scene played and it was familiar. He and Rin watched for a second before all of a sudden, Obito's eye bled, seemingly again, as another swirl took its time to arrive.

This time, though, Kakashi was brought with it.

"Ugh!" Kakashi groaned like Obito earlier once he hit the seemingly, again, solid ground.

The Hatake's lone eye widened upon seeing Obito and Rin.

"Obi–!"

Kakashi stopped himself abruptly when they all heard a voice.

"Obito!"

It was... Kakashi's voice?

They all realized in less than a minute that the voice was Kakashi's when theu were all still children.