9: Waiting

Obito didn't need to wait. Infact, Tobi, didn't need to wait.

Tobi didn't do anything else after that encounter. Had it been so easy for them to find out that he was an Uchiha?

I messed up.

He wasn't supposed to reveal himself as a clan member. Now if the Hokage found out that Fugaku lied to him the coup d'etat in the future would only have more reason.

Tobi sighed. I messed up bad.

Now Minato was suspecting him and he wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

Unless, of course, he kills the man. But is he strong enough to kill his former Sensei? Of course not.

Even if he could, he wouldn't. He would never think to kill his subordinates ever again.

But then again maybe I can put him in a Genjutsu. But is my Genjutsu enough for him not to see through?

Shisui's eye was destroyed by Danzo so he would never be able to cast a powerful Genjutsu like Shisui's.

Until now he seems to want to kill Danzo still.

He rested his head on the tree. He was atop a particularly tall tree on a specifically big branch that can fit three small Genins.

No one had the reason to go and see him there, and the fresh air was great.

This could be a good spot to stay in for the meantime.

He allowed his tense body to relax. Even though he played it cool with Minato it was still a very dangerous situation.

And who knows? Maybe the blonde also sent out a shadow clone to follow him and figure out who he was.

He stared at his hands again. Only a little earlier did he encounter Madara.

Tomorrow is a big day, now that he thinks about it. What kind of Jutsu could he show that won't make it obvious that he's an Uchiha?

And should he be showing his Chakra nature to Minato? What if tomorrow would only end up as a trap and the Genins already know?

After all, Fugaku only said the identity of Tobi, not that they shouldn't hunt him down and prove it.

He sighed again, but this time in frustration. He groans loudly so he couldn't afford getting caught in the best spot he can find.

"I can wait."

-----

Minato resumed his training with his students.

But the whole time he was thinking about that encounter.

To be honest, I'm still doubting that that man is an Uchiha. Is he even the same man that me and Fugaku caught in the outskirts?

Soon enough, Minato snapped out of it as he heard a loud groan of pain.

He let go of his student's twisted wrist as he noticed what he had done. "Oh-Kakashi!" Minato exclaimed as Kakashi was rubbing his wrist and grumbling.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." the blonde said, looking to the side. I almost broke my student's wrist.

Minato scratched the side of his head in shame. But then again, it could've been mine broken if that masked man didn't jump back and get me to fall with him.

Kakashi tsked before continuing his fighting stance. "Whatever. Let's get this over with." he said, his hand now completely fine after Rin ran to him and checked it out.

Minato nodded as he too started up his stance. Catching that man can wait.

Kakashi sprinted towards him, already taking out a Kunai from a pouch on his leg.

Minato smiled at his opponent before steeling his gaze. Tomorrow would be the best time. Thank you for your insistence, Obito.

Then, Minato also charged.

-----

Tobi jolted up as he felt goosebumps grace his skin.

Did someone just thank me?

"Who could've thanked me..." he muttered. Maybe from my reality?

He touched his eye fondly. Maybe... Kakashi thanked me for my gift.

He shook his head with closed eyes. I'm never coming back to meet him until he dies as well. But he and Rin could be my motivation to truly change the circumstances of the past.

They didn't have anything to remember him by, other than the ashes that he was sure already flew away. Or was it dust? He couldn't tell.

Hopefully they had already beaten Kaguya and she is now nothing but fertilizer. Maybe not that bad.

He leaned his head on the tree again. If he wouldn't be able to do anything to pass the time, might as well just sleep.

Sleep does the body good, I guess. It won't be bad for me to replenish my Chakra and energy for tomorrow.

Right. He would be showing them Jutsus. He obviously won't be showing them his Sharingan or his Kamui but it wouldn't do any harm to show them some of his earth-style Jutsus.

Tomorrow would have to wait for his awesome self-taught earth Jutsus!

In his head he seems really confident. Maybe he is?

He smiled to himself lightly.

I guess tomorrow won't be too bad.