Don't Go [Eren x Reader x Jean] Modern AU

Warning feels?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        You looked at your phone one last time and let the single tear fall onto the ground. You looked over the rails that were put on the sides of the bridge to stop anyone or anything to accidentally fall. You dropped the phone down into the water and watch the lights flicker as it finally stopped functioning and you couldn't see the light of the phone anymore. You grabbed the wires that connected rails to the beams. You wouldn't see the light of day again, you won't breathe the air that the earth provides, you'll never know what love is. You jumped.

        -Jean's pov-

        I was walking home from work, it was Autumn, the time that everyone enjoys here. I was walking on the bridge, peaceful and nice. Then I heard something being dropped into the water and a girl climbing onto the rail. Before I could catch her attention she jumped. Thank god I knew how to swim and the bridge was stories high from the water maybe three or four. I clawed out of everything I had and dived in after her.

        "Hey miss are you okay?" I asked desperately, I was looking for any sort of identity. I could drop her off at the hospital, pass of as her step brother and take care of her till she comes back leave her life and never come back. I took a second look at her face and I froze. It was Jaeger's girlfriend, Eren crashed a few weeks ago in a car accident and didn't make it out alive. I heard that she didn't have any family other than Mikasa but she ended up overdosing due to Eren's death, she was left alone.

        "mmm" She let off a low moan and her pulse was going down fast.

        "You can't go (y/n)! Don't" I shouted and shook her a bit, but she was already unconscious.

        ~~~~~~~~

        She's been out for at least a month, I begged my parents to help her with hospital fees and that I was at some sort of intimate level with her and left it at that. I've been going to see her since I took her there. She's doing steady progress but it looks like she's in a small coma. 

        "Welcome back, Jean." The nurse said as I opened the door to her room. "she's been doing better." She reassured me, it isn't going to be much longer till she's finally up and around. I thought to myself and looked at her.

        Yea of course I had a crush on her but she deserved so much more than me, I mean, at least Jaeger made her happy, something I doubt I could've done. I hope she comes back, even though I want her, I know I can't have her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Your pov~~

        You were reaching out over to Eren, Mikasa, and your parents. They were finally here and about to touch them. Suddenly you were being jerked away from them in a flash, you were so close why!? 

        Now you just sat in the dark and pondered, there was no point in living anymore, I don't feel like waking up, I don't want to, then there was a faint voice. You've heard it somewhere before.

        "Please come back." It murmured as you felt a tugging at your arm. Whoever this was cared. You didn't think there was anyone else to be happy with anymore. "I know I'll probably never show my face to you after you wake up, but I need to know you'll be happy."

        He sounded so different when he isn't shouting at Eren at the top of his lungs. Jean? 

        You moved a bit and he was startled, this is the first time you moved in the past month and you sure as hell won't let him leave.

        "Nurse?" You could hear his voice panic as you lightly grabbed his arm before he could get up and leave you.

        "mm" You mumbled and tried to open your eyes to get a look of him. "Jean?" You asked painfully. Your throat was on fire and you were so lightheaded you felt as if you could float to the ceiling. 

        "UH (y/n) That's not my name." He was trying so hard to make it look like he wasn't just about to cry over my unconscious body.  

        "Don't try any ah" You clenched your throat and teared up. It really did burn, it felt like you had just screamed for two hours straight on end.

        His face softened and he grabbed the glass of water beside him and handed it to you.

        "I was going to drink it, but it looks like you need it more than I do." He lifted it to your mouth and tilted it to your barely open mouth so that you could drink. It felt so nice, that and the water. He was gently tilting your head from under your chin and he was looked at you with such concentration.

        He set it down and you sat there slowly recovering your  throat, with that you looked back at him and for the first time in what felt like forever. You smiled.

        "God you're gorgeous." He said below a whisper.

        "I haven't heard that in forever." You paused and looked down at your arm, filled with previous cuts and currently there iv's pumping all sorts of liquids in you. "why didn't you just let me die?" It came out softer than what you intended but he still heard it. You could see him visibly stiffen out of the corner of your eye.

        "I couldn't let you die like that, anyone actually, I'd go in to save. I didn't even know it was you till I tried to see if you were breathing." He reached over to caress your face, his thumb brushed against your cheek. Your breath hitched and he backed away immediately. 

        "I'm so sorry I shoudn't have done that." He stood up and turned till he heard you whimper.

        "Don't leave me like everyone else." You almost started crying.

        He made his way back and sat beside you, he lightly took your hand in his and lifted your chin so that you looked directly in his eyes.

        "I won't and that's a promise i'll keep till the end of time." He leaned in and kissed your cheek.

        You wrapped your arms around him and cried. 

        "Thank you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Well I am sorry for the feels.

        But thanks for reading!

        You guys are the greatest.

        Thanks for reading. Comments, votes and a follow is appreciated. 
        Remember that request are still closed for now. 

        Love you guys -FF