Ch. 18 - MAID OF GÉVAUDAN

En başından başla

Scott turns and faces the door as he hears the thundering footsteps of the Beast as he runs toward them. When the Beast finally breaks through the doors and roars at Scott. Scott's eyes glow bright red as he lets his werewolf fangs out and roars right back.

The two then lunge at each other, while Toni moved off to the side. Scott got thrown across the room, where he slams against a bookshelf before landing hard on the floor, groaning in pain as makes contact with the linoleum. All of the sudden the sprinkler system started going off, making the Beat momentarily get distracted from Scott.

Toni smirked slightly once the tables and chairs got wet. Her eyes flashed golden-blue before she started controlling the water to throw chairs at the Beast. The Beast took a couple steps back as it got hit by chairs before it swiped its arm out, hitting one of the chairs towards Toni making her quickly duck down.

The beast turned back to Scott and grabbed him by the legs before yanking him backward, throwing him across the room once again, where he flops onto his back as he lands on top of a table, smashing it into pieces with the force of his impact.

Scott groans loudly in agony as he tries to recover from this latest blow. After a moment, he musters up all the energy he has and flips himself onto his stomach so he can get on all fours, cracking his neck in preparation as he watches the Beast stomp toward him. The Beast repeats the action as Scott growls under his breath and gets into position before leaping into the air toward the Beast, his red eyes glowing crimson as he roars at the Beast.

Toni sighs before standing up holding her hands out as her eyes turned golden-blue again. The Beast froze up slightly, giving Scott the perfect opportunity to leap at the Beast. But it wasn't so perfect as Toni wasn't able to get a good hold on the Beast and it grabbed Scott and tossed him across the room, landing on his back in the middle of the staircase. Scott groans and gently flips himself onto his side, but is struggling to find the strength to get up to his feet.

Toni's eyes widened and she quickly ran over to stand in front of Scott as the Beast started to stalk towards him. The Beast went to swipe it's claws down onto Toni but her eyes turned her golden-blue as the Beast's arm froze in air. She smirked slightly when she saw that the Beast was to distracted by trying to move it's arm to notice Liam running up.

He leaped into the air behind the Beast, causing Scott to grab Toni and move to get out of the way as Liam makes it to the Beast's head and uses both of his fists at once to punch him in the jaw. Scott pulls Toni down and covered her as they duck on the stairs while Liam lands next to the staircase.

Suddenly the sound of a gun being cocked is heard just as Braeden appears and shoots round after round at the Beast from her shotgun. Malia rushes in behind her, her eyes blazing bright blue as she extends her fangs and roars at the Beast as well. After the Beast is hit with at least a dozen shotgun rounds, it leaps through the wall of windows in the back of the library before it takes off.

Toni and Liam waste no time grabbing the extremely-injured Scott and gently helping him to his feet as Malia and Braeden walks up to them with an incredulous and exasperated look on her face. "You didn't seriously think you two were gonna have a chance against that thing, did you?" Breaden asked and Scott shook his head slightly.

"No. But, I got its scent."

🌒

Scott, who is still limping and covered in blood, seems to be on a mission as he rushes through the halls and out the side door of the school. Meanwhile, Toni, who looks completely fine and Liam, who is also covered in blood but seems to be more or less healed from his earlier injuries, follows after him and tries to stop him with a worried expression.

"Scott, wait!" Liam said but Scott ignores him pushing the side door open and heading toward the parking lot as he follows the Beast's scent. "Scott! You're hurt! You need to slow down!" Toni called out but Scott just keeps on walking making her roll her eyes.

The three quickly walk through the rows of cars in the parking lot, where Scott eventually stops behind a familiar shiny black car, which apparently is where the Beast's scent led him. Scott puts his hands on the trunk door and musters up all the remaining strength he has to open it despite it being locked.

Once its open, Liam and Scott gape in shock when they see that the trunk has nothing but a pair of black Converse high-top sneakers sitting nearly inside. Scott and Liam share a worried look before picking up the shoes, which have a liberal amount of blood smeared across the soles. Scott looks at them anxiously, and their concern turns to horror when Scott shuts the trunk door and finds Mason standing beside the car, looking at them in confusion.

"Scott? What are you doing to my car?" Mason asked and the three realize at the same time that Mason has been the Beast's vessel this whole time.

Liam looks absolutely devastated by this revelation while Toni sighed softly and Scott simply looks numb as the three gape in shock and try to figure out what to say. Liam can't seem to believe his own senses, and Toni shook her head slightly, "It's you." She said making Mason look at her confused.

"What? Liam, what's she talking about?" Mason asked but Liam doesn't say anything, his look of devastation only makes Mason more terrified, "Liam...?". Before anyone else can react further, Corey suddenly became visible. He then rushes toward Mason and puts his hand on his shoulder, and Toni realized what Corey is about to do making her eyes widen.

"Corey, wait!" Toni yelled but both Corey and Mason vanish as Corey turns them both invisible. Horrified, Scott, Toni and Liam look at each other in alarm in an attempt to make sense of what has just happened.

♤♧♤♧♤
Author's Note:
I'm sorry, but I feel like I need to share this

Not sure what exactly this says about me but it definitely says something