talking about business...

Kara's POV

'What do you even talk about in a corporate meeting?'

Napangiti ako pagkatapos mabasa ang text ni Dio, to which I replied:

'I don't know, either. I'm not listening.'

I put my phone down and looked at the woman standing on the other end of the table, presenting the evaluations of the company's performance.

I leaned back on my chair when I noticed my phone move slightly. I quietly picked it up and read another message from him.

'What are you going to eat for dinner later?'

Matagal akong napatitig sa screen nang maalalang hindi nga pala ako nakapananghalian.

"Miss Kamille?"

I looked up at the woman who called me. "Yes?"

"Gusto lang namin malaman kung may sinabi ba ang mga Prince at Austria sa'yo tungkol sa-"

Umayos ako sa pagkakaupo. "They did, actually."

They asked me to tell all of you to give us a break.

I cleared my throat. "They asked to meet with our board of directors. We're planning on another project. I believe I already sent you the draft of the agenda?"

Tumango silang lahat na nakapaligid sa'kin.

"Well then," She clasped her hands. "I'd like to call on one of our commissioners-"

Ibinalik ko ang aking atensyon sa cellphone ko at nag-type:

'Pasta.'

I hit send when I immediately got notified that a photo was sent to me through a social media application.

Nakakunot ang aking noo nang buksan ito, at pagkatapos ay napatakip ng bibig upang pigilan ang aking sarili na matawa.

He took a picture of a small octopus in an aquarium with the caption, 'Cetus looks suspiciously small here.'

'You're in the market?' I replied.

After a few seconds he answered back:

'Yes, babe. Mom asked me to cook shrimp rolls.'

Dahan-dahan kong ibinaba ang phone.

No one taught me how to cook growing up, and as much as I want to, right now, I don't have the time.

The phone vibrated once more. I stared at it for a few seconds before picking it up again and opened a new message from him.

'Don't worry, I'll be cooking for you every day after we get married.'

I bit my lower lip and grinned.

"Why don't we get married right now?" I whispered.

"Miss Kamille? Do you have anything to say?"

I gave her an annoyed smile for interrupting. I leaned forward, resting my arms on the table, and shook my head. "No, please proceed."

The meeting lasted longer than I thought.

Napatingin ako sa suot kong relo nang makalabas ako ng conference room.

"9 pm," bulong ko sa sarili. "And I haven't eaten lunch nor dinner."

I haven't finished signing the papers due tomorrow, either.

Inilibot ko ang aking paningin at nalamang tatlo nalang silang natira na nagpapatuloy sa pagtrabaho.