"Oh." Barrack concluded. Yeah oh was pretty fucking right.

"They are coming." Vestus stumbled forward. "They took my son. And now they aim to take this gold and sacrifice a hundred souls to the demon bitch. I swear they will have no easy victory." His voice faltered. For once Adleth didn't feel the bellowing voice of a booming giant. She heard only hurt and pain in his tone.. It was the sorrow of a parent. Did her dad ever feel like that?

"How did you learn this?" The dwarf asked, his eyes twitched, glancing back down at the floor every few seconds while he tried to sweep more.

"Uh.. up here." She snapped, Tyr on a stick did this man have a cleaning fetish? Focus!

"We encountered it first hand." Markos chimed in. "They keep trying to kill us.. We stole the rock to get here.. And a lot- I mean a LOT of time spent thinking, on something pretty easy to figure out." He started to mumble she stepped to him quickly shushing him down from going on a tangent. Yeah, they did goof off a bit too much.

Barrack stroked his beard. "Do they know where the vault is now?"

"Nope!" Markos cheered. "We stole the orb- or um stone to make sure they don't."

"Stop." She set a hand on his head. "We took the Stone of Golorr, even if they fucking find this place, they're not getting in." Adleth elaborated.

"The nobility of this city is quite bleak if I was being honest." Vestus interrupted. The nobility everywhere was.

"Agreed," Adleth muttered.

"Are you- I.. Might be honest, I can only attest that I am guarding this vault for Lord Neverember.. I would be hard-pressed to let anyone take this which by your footing and mild panic at the beginning of this conversation seems to be your intent no?" ooh, cutting to the good shit- wait did that mean this guy was actually the guard?

"Lord Neverember?" Herod asked. "You mean Renaer?" The dwarf's eyes lit up at the mention of Renaer's name. Adleth frowned realizing the fucker stuck himself all the way in the back. She reached out with Alekzandr and pulled him forward wrenching him into the front. Don't fucking hide.

"Yes, hello." Renaer stumbled to the front holding a blade at his hip. She got he was supposed to be handsome and all, but god damnit he acted like a pushover. Barrack's eyes filled with a joyous expression, he leaned a little on his staff.

"Renaer you look.. A bit older." Barrack said softly. "How many years have I been down here? How is your dad?"

"Ah.." Renaer sounded grumpy to answer that question. "Lovely as always.. He's running Neverwinter now." Renaer scratched the back of his head looking off into the distance. Did daddy issues have a sound? If it didn't before Adleth had just found the sound.

"That makes sense." Barrack looked back at the gold. It was hard to recall for some, but the gold here was stolen from the government, which to Adleth meant it was free real estate. "Well.." Barrack looked quite somber staring at the floor. "I'm guessing you can attest to all this?" he gestured at Renaer.

"Sadly.. Yes. It's been quite hectic up there." Was.. Renaer using an accent? She swore he was suddenly using a more posh accent. Fucking poser. The dwarf continued to stroke his beard in contemplation. Did he ever stop stroking that beard? Fuckkkk all the things she could buy for Iliris with that gold.. Or even just the gold she had. Shit.

"Sir." Markos spoke up, his voice dangerously low. "I assure you.. If we do not move this gold.. If we do not prevent any chances of the cult of Asmodeus from securing it. Everyone. Including you and I. Will die." She'd never pegged Markos for the persuasive type.