"I wanted to take you here for a while to uh, shop for furniture together, I think my black house could use a little of your light touch." He explains and I'm surprised when a large smile spreads across my mouth and my cheeks start to feel burning hot.

"Yeah, um, I think it could." I bite my lips and he gives me a nervous Miles smile.

It amazes me how we can have so many new feelings.

"So what about this?" He asks, handing me pitch black dishes with a speck of white in them. I can't help but giggle and even though I do find him so humourous he does nothing but stare at me, unsure of why I'm laughing at him.

I cover my mouth snd try to completely silence myself.

"They're beautiful," I tell him truthfully even though I didn't think he had this in mind.

We walk further and when I notice the prettiest oink rug I've seen, I jump toward it and pick it up to show him.

"This?" I ask, my lips parted and ready to agree with his 'yes'

"Uh." He rubs his hand through his hair.

"Pink?" He asks and I nod before explaining myself, "for your . . . out bathroom." I smile and he nods.

"Fine but we'll both have the rest of the room black." His eyes are serious and I stop for a second but his smile appears quickly and his hands reach to my waist before he carries me and the pink rug into the shopping cart.

"Miles," I squeal, and just as I do, I realize that one of the workers is watching us. We stop snd stare back at him and he subtly shakes his head and walks away causing Miles and I to burst into laughter.

He lets go of me and lets me sit in the cart facing away from him and as I watch us pass the target isles, his hand reaches to mine, and yet again I'm amazed that something so simple can cause me to feel this.

I look down at my ring and then at Miles who seems to be too distracted by the colors of mugs there are on the shelf

I never thought that in all of this chaos between us I could be so happy; so at peace and even though I know it isn't over, I know that we will survive.

"What shit is this?" Miles stares at s pink mug that looks like something an olf lady would own.

I giggle and he flashes me that addicting smile of his.

"This is a fucking nightmare," he laughed, and I join him.

"Let's then close our eyes and pick one together," I suggest and to my surprise, he nods.

His hands stretch to me again but this time to grab me out of the cart.

We each walk to one side before closing our eyes and slowly walking toward each other.

I take small steps in the darkness around me.

"This one," we both say in unison and open our eyes at each other before slowly turning around to see which mug we're standing by.

I burst into laughter while Miles gives me an annoyed look he's clearly faking.

"Fine, fine, fine," Miles throws his hands into the air and Grabs a set of the pink mugs and dishes before placing them into our cart that now is only carrying a pink rug and our new pink dish and mug set.

WHAT FEELS LIKE TWENTY minutes go by and we have only filled half the cart.

"We'll grab this," miles days, placing a brand new set of black sheets I to our cart, they're not silk and they feel to fit us much better.

I stare at the isle we're choosing new items from and I feel as though I'm still surprised at how tonight went, I still haven't even told Stephanie about the ring or that were moving in and I'll be leaving the dorm and a slight ping of guilt hits me, but thankful for now, miles interrupts me, letting me think about him and my ring again and us and our future together.

So far we've grabbed shampoos, new toothbrushes which Miles insisted be black but after showing him a pink one for me he agreed with a small eye-roll, as well as some white, red, and pink soft blankets that I insisted we buy for winter.

Miles grabs a pair of cups that look too beautiful to be sold here.

We have almost everything we need for the kitchen including silverware and red kitchen towels that we both agreed would math the kitchen.

I'm not exactly sure what style we're going for but everything with Miles feels right, and I don't care how everything looks because all I can think about are his words and how he wanted nothing more than to let me into his darkness.