(二十二)Twenty-two

Shen Wei stood downstairs waiting for the driver. The housekeeper had already sent all the young master's bank expenses to his phone by WeChat. He scanned it with a glance.
Two and a half hours ago, Ye Zun had taken a taxi. Flipping further back, it seemed that each time he had taken a taxi, it had been after the driver had delivered him to his destination, for so long, he hadn't noticed that Ye Zun was living a different life, one that didn't match the driver's report at all.

It was he who had carelessly underestimated Ye Zun. He licked his lips and quickly calmed his emotions down.

The Snake Clan was considered a major power in the Dark Water, and some of their interests even overlapped with the Shen Clan, so he definitely cannot use the hard way. He considered for a moment, as he looked at the address and the phone number Zhao Yunlan had given to him and dialled it.

"Hello? Xiao Wei? It's rather rare for you to call me personally. How are you?", Snake Si answered the phone with a smile and deliberately put it on speakerphone.

He waved his hand, signalling the person next to him to remove the cloth bag from Ye Zun's head. He deliberately moved a little closer to Ye Zun, content to admire the youth's wretchedness.

"Sir Snake Si.", Shen Wei lowered his eyes, pulled open the car door and sat in, "I'm sorry about what happened this time. Ye Zun is too spoiled and ignorant, and as his elder brother, it is my responsibility for failing to teach him well, I also hope that you won't give him too much trouble for the sake of the Shen family."

Snake Si flicked his fingers and his men quickly poured a pot of ice water on Ye Zun. The young Alpha struggled violently, whimpering and shivering, his voice was loud enough to be heard by the other side of the line.

"Little Wei guess what, we are gangsters, following the rules. Although the Shen family has gone clean for so many years, they have taken care of us, and we shall not forget our debt of gratitude. Your younger brother is working in the Dark Water and has been a bit too active lately."

"Being such a young man and having the courage to break through, I am quite impressed. However, Ye Zun is also an adult and should take responsibility for what he has done, what does Young Master Shen think?"

Shen Wei was silent for a moment, Ye Zun's voice while struggling was clear to hear, ringing in his ear, Snake Si was pulling apart Ye Zun's relationship with the Shen family.

"You are absolutely right about that.", Shen Wei pursed his lips and just as the words left his mouth, he heard a violent crash that came from over there, his grip on his phone tightened and gritted his teeth, "But beating a dog also depends on its master, not to mention that Ye Zun is my brother. How about this, M.r Snake Si gave me a quote, and the Shen family will definitely strive to do it."

"Don't, the Snake Family can't afford to ask for this favour. As for me, I did make a deal with Ye Zun yesterday, don't you remember, hmm?", He bent down and approached Ye Zun who had his back pressed hard to the ground.
Ye Zun had been brought back and tied to this mahogany chair, and just now his men had kicked him so hard that he had accidentally tipped the stool over, causing the young man's whole body weight to press down on the hands that were bound behind the back of the chair in reverse.

He looked maliciously at the proud look of Ye Zun with his neck held high, and no matter how wretched he was, the youth seemed unconvinced. It had been a long time since he had chewed on such a hard bone. Snake Si laughed and stepped unsteadily onto the youth's abdomen, forcing out a sudden, painful grunt as an answer.

"Snake Si!", Shen Wei loudly snapped as he listened with alarm, the driver's car was already going as fast as it could, he rubbed his forehead and said as calmly as he could,