"I had to know where you were in case you had a panic attack and I needed to come get you." 

"And when was the last time I needed your help?" he snapped. 

"Two months ago. In fact right before you met Ethan. Then you suddenly didn't have an anxiety disorder any more."

"Maybe because he's actually healthy for me and helps me grow. Don't down play my mental health." he huffed, tying his scuffed white sneakers. He accidentally took some of his anger out on himself by tying the shoelaces too tight to his feet.

"Don't try to make me out to be the villain! I've been nothing but helpful and understanding!" Vik stumbled to the side when Harry knocked him out of the way using his shoulder. Harry, with one hand on the door handle, turned back to face him one last time.

"You've been nothing but two-faced and patronizing!" 

"Fine. I don't give a shit about you then. Happy now?!" Vik shouted.

"Thrilled."

The door was slammed shut. Vik was left pissed off. He tried to do what he was supposed in a situation like this. He was just trying to talk it out like two adults. The mediation crumbled before one step could even be made - let alone in the right direction. Vik didn't see himself as the one to be blamed. He didn't stand a chance at succeeding. It's on Harry and his refusal to cooperate. What is Vik to do about that? 

The only answer he could come up with was ask the same question to the most sensible, reasonable person he knows. And that guy happened to be perfectly in the middle of the situation, unbiased. Vik's arm had some force behind it while he put the books away. By the time he finishes this cart, Tobi will be done tutoring sociology. Then Vik can get some of that sweet, sage Tobi-advice. On the other hand, Tobi wished he could say "I told you so," but Vik wouldn't get it. At least Tobi can enlighten him to the cracks that had been there, growing. 

Vik speed-walked the cart back the book return spot. He took a deep breath and collected his thoughts. He needed to remain level-headed. Emotions will cloud the logical answer he is looking for. The time on his phone hits 6:00 right as he checks it. Vik calmly finds Tobi sitting by himself at a table, organizing the notes he used. It's a Wednesday night so the library was moderately filled by students who either had a difficult major or a group project.

"Hey, Vik! I guess it's that time, huh?" Tobi grinned on the outside, but groaned on the inside. No matter how hard he tried to stay out of their personal business, he always gets sucked into the whirlpool somehow. 

"Yeah, thanks for being open to this. I've really hit a dead end and I have no clue where to go from here." Vik sat next to Tobi. "I'm hoping someone from the outside has a different perspective that will help."

"I don't know how much help I'll actually be, but I can try."

"That's all I ask of people, Tobi. That's all I ask..." The tanned boy shook his head with an ironic smile attached. "That's part of my problem actually. Harry isn't willing to try. At all. He's created this massive distance between us by not talking, and when he finally did talk, all he did was push me further away. Am I doing something wrong I'm not aware of?"

"I'm sure waiting three days to talk didn't help your case." Tobi noted. He was probably right, Vik thought. He shouldn't have procrastinated. Harry must have took that as a sign Vik no longer wanted to be friends.

"Oh god, is that what messed everything up? That does explains Harry's attitude a bit. Maybe because it seemed like I didn't want to be friends, he just adopted the same attitude. How do I convince him that's not what I meant though?"