8) Hold me

Perhaps this was a mistake. There was a bruise on his upper left arm, another deep one on his right shin, and a decent sized scrape on the same knee. Vik usually does know what's best for Harry.

"Hey Harry how are you?" Ethan walked up to him. Harry started walking alongside next to him down the sidewalk to the main street.

"I'm... good." Harry wasn't sure how honest to be. He said good in hopes everything would turn out to be so.

"Are you sure? There was a hesitation in there." Ethan didn't believe his response.

"Yeah, I was just thinking about everything and adding it up to decide how I was." Harry tried to cover himself. In reality Harry was still shaking from just having lie to Vik, telling him he was going to study in the Chambers buildings. Now he was heading in the opposite direction.

"Uh-huh. It's okay to be nervous." Ethan barely elbowed him.

"Nervous?! I'm not nervous! Who said I'm nervous?"

"I don't know you sound pretty nervous to me." Ethan lightly laughed at him. He found Harry's unsureness cute in an odd way.

"Oh well I'm not." he continued to try and convince Ethan that everything was fine.

"Well, good. Don't be. You only do as much as you want to. Think of me as a guide not instructor. I only go where you lead me to." Ethan comforted him. The statement actually made the nervous boy feel a bit better. "Also, you look really good today."

"Thank you! I don't wear shorts too often unless it's the middle of summer. But I couldn't wait that long so I decided to wear some today." Also, he remembered Ethan complimenting his socks the first time they met. And what better way to show off the socks that hit just below the knees than to wear shorts. He kept a big sweater on to stay warm since it was a little windy.

As they walked to the apartment, Ethan occasionally peeked behind Harry to catch a glimpse of his butt. Desperately he wanted to just grab it and feel it. It took every muscle to hold himself back from doing so.

The two boys rocked up to one of the slightly older apartment complexes. Ethan waltzed in like he himself lived there. Harry silently followed. He felt so out of place. Nothing about the building was gross but the dated wall color, and cracks in the floor left an uninviting feel. As they ascended up the stairwell to the third floor, the realization that he couldn't turn around set in on Harry. Ethan knocked on the door once before opening it.

"Yoooo, Ethan!"

Immediately Harry felt immense regret for coming out here. Now he's stuck in a foreign place with one guy he barely knows and one guy he knows nothing about. He's a third wheel and will have little to contribute to the conversation. Harry's chest was so tight. He could burst into tears right then and there. Desperately he wished Vik was there to bury his head into while the shorter friend whispered to him. This was so agonizing. He didn't belong. He didn't know what he was doing. What if they laugh at him? Treat him like a kid who doesn't know anything? What if he tells a joke and no one laughs? Where's the bathroom? Is he going to have to ask? It would've been better to not mess with what he knows. Right now he could be back at home safe and sound with everything he's familiar with. This was a mistake.

"Sup man." Ethan greeted his friend with a hand grab and slap on the back. The classic guy greeting. "This is Harry. Harry this is Charlie." They shook hands. Harry liked the faded periwinkle color of his hair. But simply on the basis of knowing Ethan more than him, Harry felt intimidated.

"Y'guys want anything to drink?" Charlie asked walking into the kitchen. On the inside Harry was screaming, "WHAT DRINKS DO YOU HAVE?" because he can't give an answer to Charlie's question without that vital information. It was another awkward question Harry would have to ask. In reality, the answer to Harry's question didn't matter because he was still going to say,