10) Makeover me

They did look cute together. Harry knew it very well. If only Simon's statement was true. Harry desperately wanted it to be. He was just waiting for Ethan to ask him out. The reason Harry was willing to be so patient was because they had only met two weeks ago. Then again, they did hangout, just the two, multiple times now. Both times they got high, Harry ended up cuddling with Ethan. Yet, the subject of dating or feelings never seemed to come up. It couldn't be a fear of being gay that was holding Ethan back. He hangs out with the most openly gay people on campus. So what was it then?

All Harry knew is that he needs to get Ethan to ask him out. He needs to make sure his intentions are clear. Unfortunately, flirting is not a forte of Harry's. So he went to the person who has a PhD in flirtation.

"Hi Harry! What a pleasant and unexpected phone call!" Simon's cheery voice rung out through the phone.

"Simon I have a question." Harry got straight to the point.

"Yes?"

"How do you flirt with boys?" He meekly asked. Although he couldn't see it, Harry heard Simon's entire face light up.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so glad you asked! Are you in your room? I'm coming over right now." The emotion in his voice ranged of giddy-teenage-girl-hysteria to dead seriousness. 

"All I need is some easy advice over the phone. It's only an hour before my tutoring. Don't you have class anyways?" Simon's enthusiasm was a bit excessive for Harry.

"Who cares?! This is an emergency! I'm running over right now. Be there in ten minutes!"

"Don't you-" Simon hung up before Harry could finish, "Need my room number?" Knowing he'd realize his mistake, Harry preemptively texted Simon his room number. Never would Harry dare to be so outgoing. Yet, Ethan left him no choice. Harry's heart knew no fear. It only knew what it wanted and what it wanted was for it to be held protectively and proudly in front of all his friends. Then, anytime he wanted, Harry could stare longingly into those magnificent hazel green eyes. The sharp edges of anxiety in his stomach were rounded into waves of pleasure by the infatuation.

The door flying open scattered his thoughts away back into the corners of his mind. Simon slammed the door shut behind him. His eyes were wide and pupils dilated in excitement.

"You really didn't have to skip class over this." Harry said once more. Getting Ethan to be his boyfriend was not do or die that other responsibilities had to take a backseat for.

"FORGET ABOUT THE CLASS. BOYS ARE MORE IMPORTANT." Simon shook Harry by the shoulders.

"Okay! Jeez!" Harry blinked a couple a times to shake the floating stars from his sight. "What do I need to do to make myself irresistible?"

"The most important thing is confidence. You can't flirt if your eyes are everywhere but the person you want looking at you. So first things first we need pick you out an outfit that you love. Wearing something you love always makes you feel better." Simon reached for Harry's closet. "Is this one yours?" he asks, almost forgetting he shouldn't know that answer.

"Yeah."

"What's something you really love? Or you save for special occasions? Something different to create interest." All Simon saw were sweatshirts and sweaters as he scanned through the items. He frowned at the repetition. Harry knew his taste very well. A little too well. There was no adventure.

"I have some skirts." Harry remembered. They had been sitting in the dresser buried underneath his many jeans. He impulse bought them months ago but never had the courage to wear them. Unlike Simon, this blonde preferred to keep his feminine influences more subtle.