1. Torment

-Randall-

-Randall-

"What the hell is this?! What the hell were you doing, Randy?!"

I didn't know at that moment, as a sixteen-year-old boy, that those words would follow me far into adulthood.

"I didn't raise a fag in this household!"

That day would never leave me. I was reshaped into a new man that day. Into a man even I didn't recognize anymore.

By my own father.

"What the hell is this shit?!" Dad yelled at my face as I tried to fade out of reality in fear.

I'd forgotten to clear the browsing history. I had done that one thing I always feared the most: I forgot.

"I don't know!" I answered in panic, almost hyperventilating. I knew my days were over. "I didn't watch it, I swear!"

"Stop lying to me! You're the only one using this laptop besides me, and I sure as hell am not watching this... this...!"

He looked like he was about to explode. His entire head was red from anger. His eyes were enormous as if they were going to pop out as he waved the big laptop around like it weighed nothing.

I'd never been so terrified in my life. He was so mad, so unbelievably angry he couldn't even speak anymore, and when I opened my mouth, hoping to lie myself out of the situation, he threw the laptop at me. I couldn't dodge it in the tiny space between my bed and desk. The heavy machine hit my head, nearly knocking me out cold.

The pain was unbearable, but the fear of death kept me conscious. I felt blood running down my shoulder when I stood up.

"I didn't watch it, I swear..." I said, begging and crying.

"Two dozen videos!" he screamed at my face. "If it wasn't you, then who the fuck watched all this faggot shit on my computer?! On the computer I bought and paid for?!"

"I didn't..."

He hit me. It happened so fast I had no time to react. "I didn't raise a fag in this household, you hear me? I didn't raise a fucking squealing pig in this household, you got that?!"

I froze when he hovered over me, his hands balled into tight fists as he glared down at me. I thought he was going to kill me when he brought his face closer to mine.

"Are you a fucking squealer?!" he yelled in my ear.

"No, sir." I spoke, my voice trembling, my entire body shivering.

"Don't you ever fucking forget that!" he replied, then stormed out of my room and slammed the door shut so hard one of my framed posters fell off the wall.