Part 55: Another Wrap

Start from the beginning

He comes over and pulls you from your seat gently. You rise into his arms and look up at him. "Ready?"

"Ready," you confirm.

"Ron?"

Ron is the head of catering. "Yeah?"

"Load the truck, would you?"

"Sure thing."

You are puzzled. "What's going on?"

"Switched rentals today, love."

You get back to your place. Honestly, you're already packed. It's not like you brought furniture and the exercise equipment as well as the desktops are on their way back to London.

"I have a surprise," he smiles. "We're going away."

"Away?" you repeat. "Where?"

He gives a smile. "Scotland."

"Wow, like the Highlands or something?"

"Yes, got you a few things," he gives a small smile. "You ski?"

"Yeah," you get excited.

"It's a getaway."

You look at Ron loading the truck. "Are we camping?"

"We'll be in a cabin."

"Pack more water!"

"What?"

"Please."

"Ron," Henry rolls his eyes, calling over his shoulder. "One more case?"

"Just erring to the side of caution, babe."

He smiles, and you realize that every time he does, that warm feeling passes through you. "Okay."

You arise early the next day and are on the road--you, Henry, Kal and Luna. You listen to music, talk a bit, but what gets you is the beautiful landscapes. You also can't help but notice how dark it is getting, and it's still early.

"This is...this is awesome, babe." You tell him softly.

"It's nice," he nods. "actually, wonderful." He smiles broadly, concentrating on the road.

"We're getting pretty far north." you observe aloud as it seems like the only bit of civilization there is lies under the wheels of the car, and he actually had to turn on the heat. "How much longer?"

"Not too much," he nods and frowns. "Nervous, darling?"

"No," you answer quickly. "No, it's just that—"

"You like knowing where you are," he finishes. "Trust me?"

"Yeah."

"Then sit back."

You roll your eyes at him and sit back in your seat, earning a chuckle from him.

He refills at some gas oasis and returns with a set of keys.

"We're close, aren't we?"

"Not too far now," he confirms and you are curious.

Finally the paved road becomes more than worn tire tracks and you feel uneasy. You're a city kid, and dirt roads means no tech, or no help, or the beginning of thriller movie.

You pull up in front of a cabin and you see another one downhill not far from you.

"Well?" he asks.