Ch 55 Feels like home

As Harry got paraded around I felt as though he deserved better. I mean all these people would turn on him with a harsh slap of failure, you can't tell me it's not a cruel reality. Lately, I also feel as though people have been noticing me more too, I mean before I got the occasional push, shove, and glare from people about every day. But now I'm being smothered by people asking me questions and wanting to be friends with me, yes me. You may be confused, so I suppose I should start from the beginning. It all started in the Gryffindor common room, the night of the first task. This honestly isn't my scene but Hermione begged me to come. I mean there are so many people, I could throw up. Some kid snuck alcohol in and Fred and George were trying to get me and Hermione to drink. "I don't see the point of trying," I said in a cold voice, they both just looked at me with pleading eyes. "Did you forget I'm one year behind Harry with age". I mean I may be in the same grade but I did skip a year. Not that a fourteen-year-old should be drinking in the first place like he is now, but I think it's worse for a thirteen-year-old too. Both of their faces lost the stupid drunk smile that they held respectively. They let go of my shoulders and left me alone. Finally, As I looked around the room I saw Ron pathetically failing at flirting with two poor unsuspecting girls. They both looked uninterested and I couldn't help but snort at his utter stupidity. Hermione looked toward where I was laughing and her face lost its color. She started tearing up and I grabbed her and led her out of the party. " You like Ron don't you?" I said with an unnoticed stab to the heart, she just nodded her head. "You're so extraordinary and stunning, if he can't see that then he's an idiot," I said with a reassuring smile. She looked back up at me and wiped her tears with a smile. "Thanks, Freya, he's not worth my tears" I wasn't sure how she got over him so fast but good for her I guess. Hermione looks so fragile right now, her face flushed, eyes just a little watery, and a smile that made me feel like I was on fire. Her hair was sitting in a puffy low messy bun and seemed to look perfectly imperfect. I just felt the urge to hug her so I did. She melted into it and I could feel her breathing on my neck, it sent warm chills up my back. She squeezed my waist and I felt safe. This feels like home. Pretty soon I noticed people around us, and I had to pat Hermione's head whispering to tell her that people were staring. In all honesty, I would hug her in front of anyone but they were all whispering about us. She let go embarrassed and we stood there awkwardly. I wanted to tell them to get lost but suddenly they all kinda left with all my glaring. "We should do that more often, cutie," I said walking away. Realizing what I said I turned to see her bright red and started walking away faster than normal. 

You may be wondering what this has to do with people all of a sudden liking me but I think that's why. They all saw that I can be kind and wanted a piece of It. But that's bullshit because they're all disgustingly fake and it shows.