Chapter 7: knowing the family

During the evening on Sunday, Sarah was making dinner and Jack was excited to see what his son's girlfriend is and won't stop teasing him just because he has a girlfriend now. Harold came came out formal attire since Sarah wanted him to look sharp for his girlfriend when she comes over.

    "Mom, to be honest. Is this necessary for me to wear a suit?" Harold asked.

    "Of course it is since your girlfriend is coming over and I want you to look nice and handsome." Sarah says as she sets up the table.

"It's not like we are going to a symphony or something." He said.

    "Yeah but this is a special time so please do this for you and everyone alright sweetheart?" She asked ask as she kisses his forehead.

"Fine but please don't kiss me while my girlfriend is here mom." Harold reminded.

"Fine, fine. But you know I love you." Said Sarah.

"Alright mom." He said.

After an hour, Nika arrived at the door and knocks on it. Harold hurried and answers the door for her. Harold was surprised that she was in a nice dress and gave him a smirk.

(I don't own this image. Credit to the owner)

"whoa. You look nice." Said Harold.

"Thanks sweetie. You look nice too, are we going to a business trip or something since you are wear a suit?" Nika teased.

"No. My mom made me wear this and you know how mom's are." He said.

      As she came in. Nika meant his parents, Jack didn't mind her and shook her hand and Sarah was as well but a little overprotective to her son. Like it's common that fathers are overprotective of who their daughter who dates and mothers are overprotective on their son on who dates as well.      

      Nika was nervous when she meeted Sarah but they started to talk a little. Everyone sat down at table and Nika scooted close to Harold. Jack said Grace while everyone held hands and looked down. Afterwards, everyone helped themselves and it was quiet at first until Sarah started breaking the ice.

"So Nika, when did you meet my son?" Sarah asked.

"Well I meant him since you guys just moved here. I live in this apartment as well." Nika says.

"What a coincidence. What classes do you have together?" Jack asked.

"We unexpectedly have every class together." Harold explains.

"Wow. You guys are already close and that's good but I hope it's not going to be too close." Sarah says.

"Mom stop. We know better." Harold said even him and Nika did it once in her room.

"I'm just saying. I just don't want you two to have a child early." Sarah said.

"Honey, chill. They know better." Jack said.

"Thank you Dad." Harold praised.

After dinner, Harold shows her around and they went to his room and Nika was amazed.

"Wow. You are some Pokemon fan." Nika said.

"Yeah I know. I don't do cards but I just like the play the video games especially sword and shield." Harold explains as he took his switch out of the dock and showed her.

     He then let's Nika try out the game he was talking about and she unexpectedly starting to like playing it. Harold laughed a little and let's Nika have time playing on his switch.

      Harold had to make sure he keeps his bedroom door open so Sarah won't gets suspicious. They both started playing the Pokemon sword together like taking turns of battling during the game and Nika was a fast learner and asked, "How much for one of these Nintendo switch systems?"

"Well there are 3 different model. The switch lite is $199 and that switch that I have is the original model and its cost $299. The OLED switch is $350 and sold out already." Harold explains.

"Oh wow. Well Im thinking about getting the one you have and what games should I get?" She asked.

     "You should get Pokémon sword and shield since you are good at already. Besides you should try Super Mario 3D world with Bowser's furry, Luigi's mansion 3, and Miitopa."He said.

     Nika was amazed when He showed his games that he has for his switch since he has every game for it. After a while, they were having fun playing games together more for a while and Sarah went to check on them to make sure they aren't doing it in his bed and was in relief that they are only playing video games.

    "Honey come on, give Nika a chance. She is a really nice respectful girl for our son." Jack says as he poured some wine for her."

"I know, I just want to look out for my son." Sarah says.

"He's not going going to stay a child forever you know. He's seventeen already." He says.

"I know but I wish he stays a child forever since I loved him so much ever since we adopted him." She said.

Later on...

Nika and Harold kissed and she went back to her apartment.

"See you at school tomorrow Nika." Harold says as he waved good bye.

"You too my sweet human man." Nika said before she went back to her apartment room.

The night went well and Harold was starting to enjoy his new life.