It was when a pair of calloused hands covered his eyes and pulled him into its embrace. Wei Ying tried to kick the man's legs but failed miserably.

"Mirrors. There are mirrors here. Calm down.", He recognised Lan Zhan's voice and calmed down putting a stop to his struggles at once.

Lan Zhan was an expert in this area. He knew just how to calm Wei Ying down during situations like this. Wei Ying only sighed deeply and pressed his head against his chest after Lan Zhan managed to turn him around so that he was facing his chest.

"I'm tired.", Wei Ying whispers not looking at Lán Zhan's face, only pressing his face against his chest. The faint scent of sandalwood calmed his Heartbeats racing against time.

"Let's go home.", Lan Zhan says and takes a few steps back. But Wei Ying stops him and Lan zhan does as Wei Ying remained unmoving.

"Will you promise me something?", Wei Ying asked after thinking for a few seconds not caring for the consequences of the questions that he was going to ask. Lan Zhan only hummed encouraging him to ask him the question that he wanted to.

"Will you....will you still love me, if I lose all my hair and forget everything?", There was something about the question which sounded stupid to Lan WangJi. He knew that Wei Ying had been having a tough time, especially after Yu Ziyuan was permanently thrown inside an asylum and Jiang Cheng left after knowing that his brother's condition was stable after she shot him.

"I know this is stupid but I can't help but wonder. If things were to go downhill.", Why would they? Lan Zhan thinks. The drugs were working and in a few months Wei Ying was going to be free of cancer.

"I will always love you.", Lan Zhan was quick to answer the obvious. It doesn't matter if things were to go downhill, it doesn't matter if he had to live with a Wei Ying who had changed forever. He was willing to love him for the rest of his life. There was no otherwise.

"Doesn't matter if you lose all your hair or forget everything.", Wei Ying chokes on a sob.

"Doesn't matter if I have to wake up everyday to remind you that we are lovers.", Lan Zhan thinks it's longest he had spoken on cue and it's for the best.

"I am willing to do it for the rest of my life.", Wei Ying starts crying at this point and he doesn't care if there's people around them listening to his childlike sobs. Lan Qiren says that he still sounds like a child whenever he cries, Wei Ying thinks he fought with him that day and left his house angrily claiming that he was not a child.

Lan Zhan stays for as long as it took Wei Ying to calm down and took him out on a date for the first time in months. It was just them watching the sunset from a beach, Wei Ying did not care how tired and worn out he felt, he enjoyed every second of their date.

They went home, had dinner and danced in eachothers arms. It was not dance per se, it was just Lan Zhan holding Wei Ying close to his chest and moving around in the lounge with his favourite song playing in the background.

Wei Ying was free of cancer the next month after a scan was taken, Lan Zhan thinks that it was the happiest that they had ever been. Though a part of him hated how Jiang Wǎnyín was not willing to be a part of the celebration that they had that day.

The celebration was a big one. Each and every single one of Wei Ying's friends and family come. Wen Qing seemed to be the happiest as she got drunk with her wife. Lan Qiren smiled after a long time and Wei Ying was the life of the party.

Of course he did not get drunk that day. When he tried to touch a glass of champagne that one glare from Lán Zhan was enough to send Wei Ying back to his seat with a pout on his face.

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying had their very own celebration the second they got the test results. The last few days had been pure bliss for them, everybody could see it. The employees of Lan Cooperation headquarters could see it too.

Their boss left too early and did not stay back too late. For the first time in years (he had only been there for over two year's) a Lan heir had cancelled a meeting to go home. Their boss hadn't fired somebody with his cold gaze and rather very hurtful words which perfectly informed someone where they lagger at.

Though Wei Ying was still weak and under remission, they were confident that this time his cancer was not going to return once again. The only thing that bothered each and every single one of them was the sadness that still gleamed in Wei Ying's eyes even though everything was fine now. 

Most of them had figured that it was the absence of his brother. Not one message from him or a call. All of the calls that he tried for were directly sent to his voicemail or met with silence. Lan Xichen only talked to him once a week and informed him that he was fine and taking a break and that he wished to respect that.

Lan Zhan does his best to keep Wei Ying distracted for as long as he could, by showing him the bright side and how his life could be the way it used to be in a few years. He was fine and healthy now. That was all that mattered though he himself was rather bitter about his brother-in-law not bothering to give Wei Ying even a single call or even a text message.

Things are simply fine and it happens just when Wei Ying is starting to enjoy his new found freedom.

The lockdown happens.

_______________________________________
Wei Ying is angy now  (angry cat noises) the next extra will be of wangxian during the lockdown, be prepared for some light-hearted angst and to feel very relatable lol!

Tell me if there's something that you want to see in the extras I'll write it!

Ya girl is finally done with school and is getting ready to enter University, lol I'm just seventeen I'm too young for this send help!!

Support this author on Kofi! The link is on her bio!

ko-fi.com/meghna

Have a good day and take care!