Chapter 25

... So... Uhm... I went out to buy milk... Yeah...

Ok, truth be told, I got busier and busier. Amidst that, my interest for DamiRae and writing died off completely. Why am I still continuing this? Because I promised that I would finish this and I'm very stubborn about keeping promises and this is me sticking to my word. Though I know this is years later and my writing is not the same as the last chapter. Oh boy, this chapter would be so out of place but, y'know, I can't really do much about it. It's been like, what, 4 years? Damn, well, to all those who are still waiting(I highly doubt there's any) or to those who maybe just found this recently, here's the last chapter. I hope we can forget all the cringe from the previous chapters, pls I can never truly run away from the cringe, can I? Look, man- we live and we learn. This is probably the last thing I ever post here so, enjoy(?) I don't think this is tHAT enjoyable, to be completely honest, but uhhh, have this, I suppose. This isn't beta read but, c'mon, if you stomached the previous chapters, any grammatical errors mean nothing to you at this point. This chapter was also written throughout the past 4 years, you can see my words and writing style become more and more refined towards the end. In short, this is incredibly inconsistent, but I kinda tried?? 

IT'S CRINGE AT FIRST, FEEL FREE(AND YOU ARE HEAVILY ENCOURAGED) TO SKIP TO THE END PART. I'LL LEAVE AN AUTHOR'S NOTE TO WHEN IT'S LESS CRINGE, BEAR WITH ME.

)O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O()O(

Damian's POV:

We were at the Ferris wheel. Same place. Same booth. Same position. I'm feeling my blood rush as my heart pumped quickly. I'm still new to failure and I don't know what to do if she disagrees. I have no control over this situation.

'Dammit!' I mentally cursed myself as I took a deep breath. Our booth was ascending until we've stopped at the very top. I had to convince the operator just for that.

"The view's amazing!" She exclaimed with a small smile. I was focused on her eyes. On how they would glister and shine whenever she's happy. I broke my trance because I think I'm weirding her out by my stare. Well, here goes everything. I turned to her. She noticed my gaze and looked back.

"So.... Uh... Raven. Since, you know... I l-like you and you like m-me back. S-so, I was.. uh.. kinda hoping for... Something more?" I managed to blabber out. She smiled.

"Be more specific." She said teasingly.

"C'mon Raven, you know exactly what I meant." I replied.

"Nope. What do you mean something more?" This girl is so teasing, but I could never stay mad at her.

"You're making this harder than it is." I mumbled. With another sigh, I grabbed out the flowers I've hid below the seat before we came here.

"I know I'm new to these kinds of... things. Also, that I have no idea how this really works... But, will you, Rachel Roth, be my....... girlfriend?... I-I mean, not that kind of girl friend. No, not the friend level... You know... the... like like like level. I mean, that's what Grayson told me and now I'm feeling stupid for following Grayson's advice. Damn. So... Uh... W-" I was cut off from humiliating myself further with a pair of arms wrapped around me.

"Yes." Outside, I couldn't find the right expression. But inside, I feel my heart dancing. This joy feeling, it feels so weird, but it feels like a lot of weight has been taken off my shoulders. And I just... smiled.

This was the first time in my life that I felt this thing they call "joy". Maybe Grayson wasn't so immature after all. If I would've known that it will feel like this, maybe I wouldn't've called him stupid...