Chapter 29: Shady Deal

Start from the beginning

"Oh, you finally came! I was waiting for you, Ryoga, Lux."

"Errr, so, for today's work–"

"W-Well...leave aside the talk of work for the time being and make yourself comfortable. I'll get you some tea now, so–"

"Oh, then we'll do it."

Ryoga offered so and was about to head to the small kitchen located in the back of the atelier with Lux.

"No. There's no need. I, the younger one, should do it."

"You should just sit down there, Nii-san, Ryoga-san."

"Huh...?"

Standing there were two familiar girls, Airi and her friend Nokuto.

"Why are you here, too?"

"We had a little business regarding Machine Dragons; since it's a rare opportunity – are we in your way? Nii-san, Ryoga-san."

Airi said with a somewhat implying smile.

"Ah geez, Lux! Come back here! Ryoga, you too!"

Lisha who saw that called out to them from the sofa.

"Geez, I can at least explain it by myself..."

Judging from Lisha somehow discontented, Airi and Nokuto seemed to have forcibly intruded on here. After a while, tea poured into cups was carried, and Airi and Nokuto also sat down before the work unit. And, Airi spread several sheets of paper there.

"This is–"

"Yes. It's the output analysis result of <Bahamut> that Nii-san uses, and <Verglas> that Ryoga-san uses. I observed the last battle on Nokuto's <Drake>."

Lux and Ryoga slowly looked over the bunch of paper. Starting with the estimated output when they used the Divine Raiment, detailed records such as the estimated time of operation limit were written.

"While looking at it, I made a fine output adjustment to <Bahamut> and also adjusted <Verglas>. As expected, it was hard to do it until now since there was no data. I cut the output which is likely to be vainly used as much as possible, so I think you can fight quite easily more than before."

"Thanks, princess."

"Thank you, Lisha-sama."

As Ryoga and Lux turned a smile, Lisha suddenly blushed and averted her eyes.

"Ah, yes...If you say it like that, then it was worth my doing my best. U-Um, as a reward, if you could hold me–"

"Nokuto and I also helped, Nii-san, Ryoga-san."

"Ah, thank you both of you."

"Yeah, thanks."

"Yes. I feel obliged."

"–H-Hey!? I haven't finished talking yet!"

Ignoring Lisha who shouted from behind, Airi continued the talk.

"By the way, it doesn't mean that I want you to fight for a long period of time. So, please do not act rashly. That – you understand, right?"

"Ah, yes."

"We know."

To Lux's and Ryoga's smiles, Airi also returned a smile.

"With that said, Nokuto. I cannot trust Nii-san, so I can only rely on you."

"Yes. Roger, Airi."

"Hey, hey!? What do you mean? You don't trust me!? And why Ryoga is trusted then?"

"It's obvious, right? Even though you always ignore my advice and rampage as you please. Ryoga-san on the other hand only fights when it's necessary."

"..."

When being told so, Lux thought that she was actually right; so his ears hurt. He was hurt more when he saw Ryoga's smirk.

"Well, in tomorrow's "Abyss subjugation" and "ruins investigation", as expected I don't think <Bahamut> should be used."

Lisha suddenly muttered as she folded her arms.

"Ah, speaking of which–"

The day for that to happen should be tomorrow. The objective was the subjugation of a Golem, a large Abyss that appeared around the ruins. As well as the sixth ruins – Garden's investigation.

"Don't worry. After all, the commanding officer this time is me."

Drinking tea contained in the cup, Lisha stuck out her chest.

"While we are it, I also prepared the most recently drawn map of the "Garden", so please keep it in mind during this evening."

"Ah, yes. Thank you."

"We'll keep it in mind."

Lux and Ryoga nodded and thanked Airi's consideration.

"This time, as expected Krulcifer won't tag along. So, you may rely on me without reserve, Lux."

"Is that so?"

To Lisha who tapped his shoulder smilingly, Lux returned so.

"Yes. In her case, there is that "condition" after all."

""Condition", huh..."

"I wonder if she'll be allright by herself."

Ryoga was anxious about going and leaving her alone.

"Okay, this talk is over. Therefore, how about you young girls and Ryoga go back? I want to talk with Lux about a slightly personal matter, you see?"

"A talk?"

"Ah, yes...well."

When Lisha was about to begin talking, they heard a light knock.

"Good evening!"

Before they could reply, opening the door and entering was Tillfarr of the Triad.

"What are you all doing? It looks very interesting, so let me in."

"As usual, you're someone who can't read the atmosphere..."

Lisha turned reproachful eyes at the cheerful Tillfarr and sighed.

"Why did you come here for? Tillfarr."

Nokuto also of the Triad asked just as amazed.

"Well, there is a message for Lux-cchi and Ryoga-cchi. From Principal Relie; she said that tonight after about five o'clock – you'll be able to enter the bathroom."

"Ah, I see."

"Thanks for reminding us."

"Then, even if we go–"

"Hmm...it can't be helped. Let's call it a day. Let's talk about this another time."

With Lisha's permission, Lux and Ryoga left the Machine Dragon's atelier. And they went straight to the large public bath of the girl's dormitory.