Chapter 11: Severe Shock

Several Drag-Knights were flying all over the town to inform of the Abyss's attack. In the school, the emergency meeting was held immediately. Meanwhile, Lux, Ryoga, and the officer cadets received orders to wear their Dress Gear and stand by, they had gathered in the Machine Dragon Hangar. Fort City Cross Feed, the Fourth Machine Dragon Hangar.

"Well then, as everyone gathered, I shall notify you, ladies and gentlemen officer cadets. Currently, we are being stationed in the second and third strongholds and several Drag-Knights of the district defense unit are heading to the subjugation. But, the enemy is a large-sized one. In preparation for the possibility that it breaks through and the damage extends to Fort City, We will also form an interception unit and prepare for battle. Get ready and stay on alert while waiting for orders."

In an unusually serious voice, instructor Raigree explained so and ended the talk.

"They are a bunch of peace idiots, eh. The young ladies of this academy."

"Eh...?"

"They shouldn't expect reinforcements from the Capital so easily."

"What do you mean? Everyone who is here are officer cadets, right? Unless the Drag-Knights of the army from the Capital come–"

"Your voice is too loud, Lux-kun."

Sharis who came around suddenly put her index finger on his mouth and smiled wryly.

"Just to note, you're a former Prince and a Drag-Knight. I thought you knew the circumstances on that point about this country's military situation."

"To put it simply, there is a lack of manpower. That's the practical problem."

"Yes. Even you should know that this isn't an ordinary city."

"Where do you intend to go?"

"We are of the "Knight Squadron". So we should proactively take the initiative in case of emergency. Those living in this place certainly have some benefits, but there are always ups and downs."

Sharis returned a smile and the three girls went out as such.

"Well then, Lux, Ryoga. I'm going."

"Please, be careful."

"I'll be all right. I'm strong after all. However, it's regrettable that you two can't accompany me. Even though I intended to use this opportunity to teach you how to attack."

Lux and Ryoga saw off Lisha. Most of the members of the "Knight Squadron" were not there. Only Philphie seemed to remain for the defense of the Fort City, almost all the others seemed to have sortied for the Abyss subjugation. Lux was at a loose end since familiar faces temporarily disappeared. As he turned his gaze to the vicinity, the face of Krulcifer who was leaning her back on the wall could be seen. Ryoga then asked her a question.

"Krulcifer, even though you're of the "Knight Squadron", you didn't go for the subjugation?"

"For overseas students from foreign countries like me, an original battle standard is established by the school regulations. I have no obligation to be involved in a direct battle with the Abyss. Otherwise, I can at least cooperate with other forms of support, such as information transfer and goods supply beyond the scope of danger to my life. I can help if I want, but a complaint will come from my country, so I don't intend to do so."

In other words, it meant that the "Knight Squadron" led by Lisha would be exposed to danger.

"You don't need to worry about it."

"Eh...?"

"We aren't people who should fight now. Naturally, even such a situation happens. We're general students who haven't even joined the "Knight Squadron."