Chapter 6: Request from Krulcifer

Coming out from the classroom to the corridor, they went up the stairs. When they arrived at the rooftop where there was no one, Krulcifer approached the handrail and quietly looked down below.

"Um, thank you. Krulcifer-san. You helped me... didn't you? Probably."

"Despite your childish face, you're unexpectedly sharp."

"T-That has nothing to do with it, right!? Why do you say such a thing!? Even though I mind it!"

As Lux unintentionally reddened his face, Krulcifer and Ryoga chuckled, and then Ryoga spoke.

"The fact that you immediately become irritated like that, despite being a Prince of the Old Empire is what we call childish."

"Though former, you're also of a royalty, so I wanted you to return such an obvious provocation with sarcasm."

"It's no good. We should be the same age, and yet they completely have the upper hand."

"But, other than it, I praise you. You might say that I admire you. For noticing my intention. It saved me the trouble."

"...Um. Then, as expected, is there something you want to talk to us about?"

"Yes, there are several things. But, first of all, why didn't you give the finishing blow yesterday –– at that time?"

"...Are you talking about Lizsharte-sama? Or about the Abyss...?"

"I think that you could have defeated both though. Only if you felt like it–"

"...You overestimated me too much. Certainly, I have never lost in an official mock battle of Drag-Knight. But, I never won, either."

"Don't worry. I don't intend to force you to speak about something you don't want to speak about."

When Ryoga heard that, he looked at Krulcifer impressed.

"She's sharp, I'll give her that."

"I-I'm not trusted...!"

As Lux hung his head, Krulcifer said as if reading his thoughts.

"Oh my, there is no way I would trust you, right? You, the peeping tom and underwear thief Prince."

"L-Like I said! You're wrong–"

As Lux blushed and became confused, Krulcifer and Ryoga chuckled.

"I'm a little relieved."

"Eh...?"

"It's because you are a more harmless boy than I expected. You're not that much like the Empire's royalty."

"...It can't be helped. After all, I'm the seventh Prince, and–"

"You have a childish face and you're also short?"

That comment was made by both Ryoga and Krulcifer at the same time.

"NO!? Um...for various reasons, we were driven out of the Imperial Court when I was a child. So, we're not that much familiar with the Old Empire-"

"Is that so?"

"So, Krulcifer, you came abroad to study from the religious country Ymir, to learn about Drag-Knights?"

"Certainly, that's also one of my goals."

"Then, what kind of other purpose do you have? I heard that you're an Earl's daughter, but is it to connect interchanges with the New Kingdom or something like that–"

"...Hey, do you know about the "Black Hero"?"

"Eh...?"

"The monster that destroyed about 1200 of the Empire's Drag-Knights, and drove the Empire to defeat. His affiliation and purpose were unknown. The "Black Hero's" figure hasn't been confirmed in the current New Kingdom. Therefore, he is handed down like a demon of destruction for the Old Empire and as a legendary hero for the New Kingdom."