Chapter 14: The Weakest Drag-Knight and The Ice Knight II

The Old Empire's Drag-Knights army of approximately 100 machines, which existed as Velvet's unit had been reduced to less than half in no time.

"Impossible..."

Velvet, who was watching this muttered, dumbfounded.

『It's useless even if you try to gain time. Nii-san's and Ryoga-san's Machine Dragon aptitude's numerical values are much higher than the basic aptitude value of us, women.』

Airi's composed voice reached even Velvet through the dragon voice of Nokuto's <Drake>.

"D-Don't kid with me! Are you telling me that this bastard is that "Black Hero"!? Who are you?! And who are you, ice bastard?! Why do you, bastards–!"

"Don't you remember our faces?"

"Imperial Guards Knight Squadron chief Velvet."

"Wha...!?"

To the words of Lux and Ryoga who turned a cold, fathomless gaze, Velvet gasped in surprise. A brief silence was born, and at the same time, even the Empire army's Drag-Knights stopped their attacks.

"Fu, kukuku...! Hahaha! Well well, isn't it the seventh Crown Prince? Although I did not know, please excuse my repeated rudeness. And you-"

Velvet then looked at Ryoga with a glare and a smirk.

"You're Ryoga Fullbuster, the son of a previous captain of the Arcadia Empire army, who turned against his majesty, that bastard Silver Fullbuster."

Ryoga didn't react to Velvet's provocation and just stared at him.

"Please stop. Please surrender at once."

"Fighting any more than this is meaningless."

"Fu, hahaha...More importantly, you're Highness. I would also like to say some words. I can understand why the son of that bastard Silver did it, but - for what reason – why are you siding with the New Kingdom – the Empire's enemy?"

"..."

"Why?! Lux Acadia! Why do you, a Prince and survivor of the imperial family, turn your sword to us?! Do you intend to become a hero by fighting for the people!? You are wrong! With such superficial feelings, be it the people or the country – you will not move anything!"

"I'm not a hero."

"Please listen, Lisha-sama."

Lux and Ryoga looked at Lisha lying on the ground and gently called out to her.

"For this country, for the people – I couldn't do anything as a Prince. I lose my mother; I was afraid of losing another close person again. I was not able to become strong for justice. I tried to save all the people but failed. So that it doesn't happen so this time, to carry out my mission, I conceal myself as the chore Prince. But, I want to help. I thought that I want you, who are suitable as the New Kingdom Princess, to recognize me. So..."

"Lux..."

Lisha's scarcely audible voice. While hearing it, he turned his large sword towards Velvet and declared.

"I am not a hero. I'm the weakest Drag-Knight who destroyed the Empire."

Ryoga stood next to Lux and after creating an ice sword, he pointed it towards Velvet.

"And I'm the Ice Knight, who will be the one to help the weakest Drag-Knight."

"...All right."

Velvet raised his sword and sent a signal to his subordinates.