Chapter 4: The Mark of the Old Empire

"Hmm..."

A small wooden private room, which smelled of medicine and flowers. Lux Acadia woke up on the bed of the room. A bandage was wound to his chest which was cut.

"This place is–?"

"Ah... D-Did you wake up!?"

"Uwah...!?"

Hearing a voice nearby, Lux Acadia, startled, sprang up. A blond-haired girl, the Scarlet Princess Lizsharte was sitting on a chair immediately nearby, watching over him.

"D-Does your wound hurt? U-Um, the skill of the doctor here should be pretty good, but–"

"..."

After grasping the situation, Lux Acadia looked downward for a while.

"Um–, thank you."

"Eh...?"

"For having taken care of someone like me–"

"..."

For a little while, Lizsharte blinked her eyes as she was taken by surprise.

"Lux Acadia, you're a guy whom I don't know whether you're modest or arrogant. Was everyone in the royal family of the empire like that?"

"I don't know. I have been immediately driven out of the imperial court when I was a child."

"D-Does that have anything to do with you heading towards the Abyss without hesitation?"

"Eh?"

"An ordinary human can't do it and wouldn't. Facing an Abyss with a general-purpose Drag-Ride is... Why did you save me–?"

"...E-Errr, I don't remember well. However, I just think that I have to do it. I'm often scolded by my little sister and Ryoga. "Nii-san / Lux always does right away what he thinks," they say."

"I see. Well, it's fine. It's my principle not to think about bothersome things after all. You protected me –– us. I will leave it only at that."

"You're a quite frank person, eh. Princess."

"Yes, that's right. I'm a very lenient and generous Princess to those who are competent."

Lizsharte happily returned a lovely smile.

"Yes. You might be a very useful guy, fallen Prince."

"Okay, Lux Acadia. I will believe you completely. So, I will fulfill my promise."

Lizsharte suddenly stood up and said such a thing.

"A promise?"

"I-I said it, didn't I? The reason why I challenge you to a duel. Since you had seen that, I couldn't let you off like that. S-So––"

"Ah. U-Um –– sorry, I saw everything... But, it was beautiful. "

"D-Don't remember it, stupid Prince! What I want to talk about is––"

As a towel was thrown out by Lizsharte who turned red, Lux Acadia's view was blocked. As Lux Acadia thought so and took the towel in front of him––

"U-Um––, it's this."

An unbelievable sight spread before his eyes. Lisha rolled up the uniform blouse until above, grated her skin, lowered her underwear only just a little, and stripped off. The cheeks of Lizsharte who averted her eyes turned red not only because of the setting sun but also because of shyness.

"...It's like that. This is the real reason why I challenge to a duel. You have seen this in the bathroom at that time, so–"

"..."