Chapter 15: A blessing and A Curse

"N, Ngh..."

With a small groan, Lux opened his eyelids. He first saw a relatively new wooden ceiling, and the fragrance of flowers, medicinal herbs, and faint alcohol tickled his nose.

"...!? You woke up!? Thank god...! Nii-san!"

The smile of the girl who embraced him was reflected in Lux's thinly opened eyes.

"This place–?"

As he somehow spoke while blushing, Airi hurriedly parted from Lux, and after clearing her throat once; she quickly made a settled expression and straightened up her back.

"Um – so, you finally woke up, Nii-san?"

"Airi? Ugh...!"

Trying to get to his little sister's voice, Lux knitted his brows at the dull pain running throughout his body. Airi sighed once on the chair in front of the bed. Ryoga, who was also in the room, spoke.

"You reap what you sow. After continuously using <Bahamut>'s Divine Raiment that much, it's obvious, right?"

"It's better than you sleeping for one week as in the old days though."

"...Perhaps, are you angry?"

"Don't you understand if I don't say anything?"

She returned a grin.

"I'm also sorry, but-"

When Ryoga tried to apologize-

"Nii-san and Ryoga-san are – big idiots"

Airi said so and embraced Lux and Ryoga, burying her face in the latter's chest.

"...Five years ago. When Nii-san fell and did not wake up, do you know how much I was worried every day...? And another time, when Ryoga-san started shivering so much after your fight, that the doctors didn't know what to do, do you know how much I was worried...?"

"Certainly, we're big idiots."

"We're sorry for making you worried, Airi."

After Ryoga patted Airi's head for a while until she settled down, Lux chose to ask a question.

"Speaking of which...is everyone safe?"

"... Ask that to them. I'm leaving already. Well then Nii-san, Ranma-san, take care of yourself."

"Yes, later then."

Airi stood up, but before she could leave the medical office-

"Airi."

Ryoga's voice made her turn her head to look at him.

"What is it, Ryoga-"

"Thank you for worrying about us. I know that we're big idiots, yet you still worry about us. Thank you"

Ryoga spoke so while slightly averting his eyes. Airi couldn't even mutter a word. His praise made her embarrassed, but yet she still replied while her cheeks were pink and a smile.

"Any time."

.And so, Airi quietly left the medical office. She passed by three girls who entered the room.

"Hi, it's good to see that you look fine, Lux-kun, Ryoga-kun."

" I'm glad you woke up! How is it, Lux-cchi? Do you remember me? Also, are you alright, Ryoga-cchi?"

"Yes. It seems that it's just fatigue, so I think it's all right."

They were Sharis, Tillfarr, and Nokuto of the Triad. Each of them held fruits, flowers, and silverwork of charm, putting them on Lux's bedside. After hearing their comments, Lux and Ryoga smiled.