Chapter 23: New Teachers in Royal Officer Academy IV

Only several minutes since the start of the mock battle. One of the three temporary instructors, the <Drake> with the attack role could not catch the <Wyvern> of Lux and <Verglas> of Ryoga. But, covering his two comrades which were exhausted, the male leader made a certain resolution.

『You're getting carried away ends here. Fools! 』

"...!"

When Lux and Ryoga noticed it, the man said. He spoke narrowing down the dragon voice which was the communication function between fellow Machine Dragons only to Lux and Ryoga.

『Do you understand? Don't dodge it.』

With a smile filled with dark emotions, the man said so. Lux and Ryoga set up their swords in mid-air and braced themselves.

At that moment–

"Kyaaaaaah!"

The atmosphere of the practice field burst and the light bullets shot by the sniper rifle reached the audience seating behind Lux and Ryoga.

"Uah...!"

The student who was in charge of widely stretching the barrier in the audience seating – Tillfarr, one of the Triad, received a direct hit and lost her balance. The female students of the audience seating that were relieved at Lux's and Ryoga's odds held their breath in tension.

"Oops, sorry. It doesn't hit you easily, so I anticipated your next movement, but I ended up missing."

Unlike until a while ago when Lux was moving continuously, he and Ryoga were now static in mid-air. There was no way that a Drag-Knight of the army would miss in these 300 Mel which was the distance of the rifle's range.

"That bastard aimed not at us, but at everyone behind us–"

『When I said not to dodge, it also includes not defending yourself. The next time, we'll attack you with the three of us. If you try to dodge again–』

The male leader grinned, and at the same time, his two comrades who were heavily breathing also set up their cannons. The three men wanted to defeat Lux and Ryoga by shooting simultaneously at one point. If they were to either dodge or defend against it, they would probably intend on crashing their simultaneous attacks on the female students of the audience seating behind them. If the student in charge of the barrier was to receive the three men's simultaneous attacks, she wouldn't be able to defend against them.

"I understand."

"Do it already."

With a tone of resignation, Lux and Ryoga, still floating, undid their stances. And when they were about to prepare himself, the airburst.

"Wha!?"

"Eh?"

"Huh?"

Krulcifer wearing a <Wyvern> went down to the stage of the practice field. As she fired only one shot towards the blue sky, she set up her rifle again and fearlessly laughed. At the same time, the bell rang and the mock battle ended.

"It's a shame – but it looks like it's time-out. The match is over."

"D-Don't joke with us!?"

The men who were thinking that they were about to defeat Lux and Ryoga unanimously raised flustered voices.

"A little more and it would have been our victory! Letting it end like this without settling it is-"

"Is that so? In that case, what about having a match with me next?"