Chapter 13: The Weakest Drag-Knight and The Ice Knight

『...Listen, Lux Acadia. I ran away. I wasn't able to die as a daughter of the proud Earl House. Knowing that I was abandoned by my father, I was told to choose either to become an assassin of the Empire or die. I was so scared that I wasn't able to kill myself. Therefore, I once gave up on everything and decided to become a person of the Empire. From the beginning – I wasn't qualified to be a Princess.』

『...Lisha-sama』

『It was hard for me to behave like a Princess. But in fact, I wanted to become one, too. I, a person who betrayed the Empire once, might be saying something selfish. But you know; now I like everyone...I wished to be recognized this time for sure.』

『Me too – I also have something to say. Sorry for having kept quiet about it. It's something important. I want you to hear it. So-』

『Ah, sorry, it looks like I have no more time. Well then–』

Lisha smiled wryly and looked up at the sky. She then made that Ryoga could hear her again.

『Take care of yourself, Prince, Ryoga.』

Immediately after, a long straight light ran straight through the atmosphere.

"Ku, ah...y-you bastaaaaaard...!?"

It was the Sword Device of the Divine Drag-Ride <Tiamat>. Lisha threw that lifeline which one must never let go, aiming at Velvet high up in the sky ––and, although taken by surprise, it had been barely dodged. On his cheek, a red line that was cut just now was running.

"Fufu. Aren't you a little good-looking now? You should be happy, underling; you will look good enough to be shown publicly when taking me to the Capital."

"Kuh, nuuh...!"

Holding his wound, Velvet glared at Lisha lying down face up.

"Like a Princess even for an instant, I shall warn you. You should stop; someone of your caliber can't destroy this country. You're just an underling who was surely incited by someone's sweet words and rode on them. You obtained power, you say? Don't speak gibberish. You've - changed nothing. You're just the same as in those days when you were only used by the Old Empire."

A momentary silence. But meanwhile, Velvet's whole body was shivering and trembling in anger.

"–all right, Lizsharte. I changed my mind. I will tear you to pieces, throw your corpse into the royal palace and just invade it like that! Die here!"

Velvet set up the <EX Wyvern>'s cannon. Lisha stared at it in a slightly distant look.

"Haa. It's frustrating."

Shedding large drops of tears, she looked up at the high sky.

"Even though I was thinking that I'll behave like a Princess; without crying till the end this time even if I'm scared..."

When she muttered so, a shadow fell on Lizsharte's body. It's over. The bombardment was released and the atmosphere burst.

"What...!?"

A blue Machine Dragon – Lux's <Wyvern> was there. He deployed the barrier at maximum output and defended against the impact with his armor. But, the <Wyvern> which took a direct hit from the main cannon was smashed to pieces on the spot.

"Kuh...! I don't know who it is, but stop this useless struggle–"

Velvet chewed his teeth and set up his large sword. The army of Machine Dragons which was waiting behind him set up their weapons all at once as it was the signal of attack. But before they could attack, someone appeared.