She's your only hope

On that table again, Quintin felt his heart race, no more coup's to save him, no more hopes of getting out of this.

He looked to his right where Kai sat chained up, her face told him she was also stressed "Did, they test this on humans?"

She only shook her head.

'Think of a happy place' he thought and closed his eyes, back with his parents, gaming with Victor, that hot chocolate with Silvia, yes, just ease out the bad thing... "Ow!!" He barked when the needle same into his arm, Quintin saw it was about a quarter full of his blood.

His blood, Donovan said its better to use the blood of the host to calm the venom down, now it was only a matter of waiting to see what happens.

His breathing escalated, bracing himself for something, some pain, some sort of noise or feeling that came from his body, but then the panting wasn't because of his panic, it was because of what happened to him.

The pain eased in, like growth cramps, but it got worse and he started to groan through clenched teeth, not long and he couldn't bare it and screamed.

He expected more, expected it to be violent but he felt cramps like this after vigorous exercise, instead it be one muscle, it was his entire body.

The mental strain began to set in and he started seeing stars, he shook in his restraints wanting to get out of this, but to no avail, yet, he kept trying, maybe those who stood around him recording the event, taking notes, taking pictures had loads of faith in those restraints, because they went on as normal until the firsts steel buckle got ripped from its hinges.

Panic flooded the room and a coward Donovan fled first, a scientist came with a sedation injection but Kai intervened and kicked him out.

There was a second who wanted to subdue Quintin but Kai threw her restraint chains around his neck and chocked him.

Quintin ripped off the second restraint.

"What are you doing!?" The man who Kai choked screamed seeing Quintin rip off the leg restraints and get up, he wasn't shifting, but there was indications of it, fangs and claws only, deranged eyes and saliva building over his fangs.

"He's gonna kill us!"

"You think?" She asked and choked harder to make him faint.

Kai now stood alone with him "How does it feel?" She asked.

"P, painful"

"Listen, this is your only chance, get out of here and find the Luna, she's the only hope you have now"

"What's going to happen to me? I'm not really shifting?" He asked looking at his claws.

"Remember this is an experimental serum, we don't really know what to expect"

"I thought you said I'll turn into a mindless beast?"

"That's the prediction, the reason we wanted the Luna was her venom is the last piece we needed to complete it, they want to make soldiers Quintin! It was never a sobby story about helping people!"

Both of them heard footsteps.

"Your choice Quintin" she said "Her bite will... Will make you into a wolf, a complete wolf, not considered a bitten one, that's why she's so precious, her bite is pure!"

"This place is looking for her" he said grunting and holding his head "They'll just follow me!"

"That's why I say its your choice, go to her to find sanity, or stay away to prevent them from following you!" She said stepping to the door "I'll hold them back" she said finding a fire axe and striking the chains off her cuffs.