5

"Dad?" I asked. There was no reply. It was silent. I walked into the the kitchen and suddenly my dad jumped up and scared me.

"BOO!"

I screamed and almost fell back, "DAD!" I scolded him.

"It's Halloween month!!" He exclaimed excitedly. He always loved the 'spooky season' as he called it.

My dad was always excited for Halloween it was nothing new, I slowly got my heart back to the original pace it was at and hugged my dad.

"I thought you were someone trying to kidnap me" I admitted.

He let out a soft chuckle that I felt his chest vibrate to, he ruffled my hair and kissed the top of my head. We stayed there for a bit in each other's warm embrace. I was thankful to still have him in my life.

I was glad that I didn't have to live with my Mom she was horrible and I hated her (it was a deep deep hatred). At least with my dad I can be myself something I could never be with my 'mom', I decided that I was ready to go back to school the next day, even though it would be my first day since I managed to find a new one the day before.

"I wanna go back to school tomorrow" I told him, he seemed shocked at first but eventually gave me an answer, "Alright kiddo you can go tomorrow but be careful.." I nodded my head and decided to make myself some breakfast since my stomach was yelling at me for not eating yet. My dad watched my every move to see if I was in any pain or discomfort.

I grabbed a plate and made my all time favourite starting meal of the day which is blueberry pancakes, my dad says the he doesn't understand how I eat them because they are 'vile'. I heard my dad fake gag behind me, I knew he was playing so I pretended to be 'angry'.

"It's not that bad, they are just pancakes with blueberries in them" I told him rolling my eyes.

"I don't like them" He stated.

"You've never even tried one"

I heard him sigh and walk away, I smirked at myself knowing I won our 'battle'. I sat at the table eating my pancakes and watching my phone. My dad came back downstairs with wet hair, his hair always looked long when it was wet.

"I'm gonna go for a walk ok?" I asked my dad he thought for a moment before nodding his head. I went to the door where my shoes were neatly laying on the floor. I pulled on my trainers and walked out the front door of the pearl-white mansion.

I walked for a little before finding a quite spot next to a lake in the woods. The lake was crystal clear with gorgeous golden fish and loads of lily pads, there was a poppy field opposite to the lake and the atmosphere was so beautiful, the clouds looked like legless sheep and the sun looked like a glowing orange light bulb and the sky, the sky was an amazing sapphire blue colour.

I lay down on the grass and closed my eyes. I heard a distant chatter. It sounded like two boys at least a year or two older than me. I sat up and watched them come closer. The tallest of them both had brown hair that was in a man bun but shaved underneath and on the sides like he had three undercuts, he had a plain white T-shirt on with a black and red checked shirt open on top as if it was a jacket, he wore red ripped jeans with some boots.

The other male had blonde hair and a mullet that curled at the ends, he wore a black and orange hoodie with black jeans.

I couldn't keep my eyes off of the tallest male, he looked hot. He was too hot for me, I probably wasn't his type. I forced myself to look away and at the poppy field. I tucked up my legs and wrapped my arms around them resting my chin on my knees. I closed my eyes once again but all I could see was my mother.

I was scared. I never wanted to see my mom ever again not after what she did to us but now she haunts me in my mind. I stood up shakily and tried to calm myself down. I went dizzy and it looked like the world was spinning. I noticed that the boys were inching closer with every step they took but then I saw her. I saw my mom.

I didn't physically see her but I saw a vision of her. I froze on the spot, it felt like I was about to loose everything.

I suddenly felt two hands on my shoulders and then I snapped back to reality.

"Hello? Oi, answer me" It was the male I thought was hot. I looked up at him then his friend. I gulped.

"Sorry I was just thinking of something.." I replied.

"What ya thinking about cutie" I rolled my eyes at the nickname that I secretly liked.

"Just..- What's your name? I'm Toby" I said changing the subject.

"Erm- I'm Luke and this is Max" He answered pointing to the shorter one.

"Hi" Max said.

"Hi" It was slightly awkward, I didn't know what to do.

"How old are you kid?" Luke (aka the hot male in my world) asked me.

"I'm 15, 16 on January 6th" I smiled proudly.

"I'm 16 and Luke is 17" Max told me smiling too.

We sat down in the forest looking at the poppy field, I felt my eyes get heavy and without even thinking I decided to rest my head on Max's shoulder since he was the closest one to me.

I felt him push me off his shoulder and I looked at him questioningly, "Ew! I'm not gay! It's wrong and grouse to be gay man" I looked at him with teary eyes but Luke quickly defended me.

"What the heck man?!" He asked whilst yelling, "Are you forgetting I'm also gay, you're so homophobic.. That's it we aren't friends now run home to your dad and cry" I could tell Luke was angry.

"You know full well my dad is an alcoholic!" Max fought back.

In the end, I ended up pulling Luke off of a beaten up Max, Max ran straight home. I hugged Luke and thanked him for protecting me.

"Thank you Luke.. Are you ok?"

"I'm good don't worry about me.."